Neeraj1981
Level 1: Cadet

Number does not exist

Hi

I’m a regular Telstra user. I was stuck in India from February 2020 and therefore was not able to recharge my number. I got back on 10th of this month. My number is 04xx xxx xxx. Now when I’m trying to recharge my number, I’m getting error message that number does not exist. I was also using another number 04xx xxx xxx but facing the same problem with this as well. I tried to contact Telstra via phone and chat but each time it’s the automated machine messages and I need to talk to somebody about this. Could you please help me in getting these numbers back as they are pretty old numbers and i don’t want to lose them. At the moment, I’m in quarantine and don’t have any contact number. Please help.

Thanks & Regards 

Neeraj

<edited for privacy>

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Number does not exist

Hi Neeraj,

You should have been able to recharge your Pre-Paid service by logging into your Telstra My Account while you were India.

A Pre-Paid SIM automatically gets deactivated 6 months after the expiry date of the last recharge...you're phone number then goes into quarantine for a while then usually gets given to another customer. 

You'll need to send a message via the My Telstra App on your mobile phone, (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen), or borrow someone else's mobile if you're sharing a room with someone. You can mark it as Urgent by pressing on the 3 dots top right of the message screen. 

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a consultant". You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message. It could take hours for the initial reply, you'll receive a notification on your mobile phone when they reply to your message. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more