SuperSaiyan
Level 2: Rookie

Porting Black Hole

Hi all.

Am really in the need for some support here. I've managed to find myself in some type of nightmarish black hole from which there is no escape Smiley Sad

I had two numbers on Telstra Prepaid which I ported to Aldi Mobile and then back to Telstra.. all on the same day.

The reason I had to do that is because I had two new $300 Prepaid SIM packs which I cannot use as a recharge on my then existing Telstra plans so had to port out and then back in to activate the new SIMs on my existing numbers.

• One of the numbers ported out and then back in without any trouble whatsoever.
  • The second number has been stuck in an 'In Progress' state for a week now.

I've been in touch with online chat who have raised an INC ticket and advised it would be completed within 24-48 hours which has been and gone, I've talked to a team member on the phone who has emailed the "IT team who will resolve it within 24 hours" which has also now passed, and finally an online complaint form. All of which have resulted in no progress or further communication at all.

I have been in touch with Aldi Mobile who have checked their end and confirmed that there are no pending port requests by Telstra for my number and there should be no issue in it being ported.

Currently my number is active on Aldi Mobile however as I didn't think this would be such an ongoing issue (my fault), I am only on their $5 Starter SIM which means I have barely any connectivity.. All the while my $300 Prepaid Telstra SIM that I've bought & paid for remains inactivate because the port request is stuck for some unknown reason.

To repeat, Aldi Mobile have confirmed there are no pending port requests on their end for my number by Telstra so based on that, its pointing to a Telstra-end issue.

I don't know if anyone can actually help me with this here but I'm really in the need of some help. I can provide order numbers, INC numbers, complaint reference numbers.. basically anything that will actually get some movement on it... but I just need someone to take some ownership and get it done.

Help.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Dowser
Level 20: Director

Re: Porting Black Hole

Were you assigned a case manager?.

- try to contact them, it’s their job to follow through on issues.

Have you tried repeating the activation process?.

SuperSaiyan

I haven't been contacted by a case manager.. or anyone for that matter in regard to this unfortunately.
I've been advised to not repeat the activation process as it will fail and the Telstra SIM card that I have is already allocated to the in-progress porting order.

Dowser

@SuperSaiyan wrote:

I haven't been contacted by a case manager... or anyone for that matter in regard to this unfortunately.

You said that you lodged. a complaint.

On the page https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/feedback-complaints/make-a-complaint

it states:

If you need to follow up on a complaint you’ve made, but don’t have your case manager’s details, you can contact us to find out more. Give your billing account number or complaint reference number, and we’ll help locate and attempt to connect you with your case manager.

SuperSaiyan

Well.. I've just tried that via online chat and apparently there is no case manager assigned (after 5 days) so this isn't going anywhere. 

This support experience is just woeful.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Just note that the 5 days is business days (weekends and public holidays don't count).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SuperSaiyan

If any Telstra staff would like to chime in here and assist in actually getting this solved that would be highly appreciated. Don't be shy.

Yes I am extremely desperate at the moment and just want it sorted.

Jupiter

The Telstra Staff (via this forum) can't access account information due to the public nature of the site. The best they can do is to send a message to your Complaints Manager (which can't happen if they haven't been allocated yet) asking that they get in contact with you.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more