Frustrated_and_
Level 2: Rookie

Post Paid to Pre-paid after contract is up

Answered

I spent the last hour trying to sort out my plan, having decided that from now on a prepaid service is all I need.

Tried online, then the Telstra app, and still haven't found a way to change my plan. Called and was told to go and do it on the app, and that they have better things to do than talk to people unless there is an emergency.

In lockdown and our Telstra shop is closed.

They are making it difficult on purpose, as if I wanted to upgrade to a more expensive plan which I don't need, it's only a click and done. NOT HAPPY.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Post Paid to Pre-paid after contract is up

Hi Frustrated_and_,

The usual method to change from Post Paid to Pre-Paid is by going into a Telstra store or ringing 132200.

Unfortunately you can't do this yourself in your Account...it has to be done by a Telstra Employee. 

As your Telstra store is closed and you can't get through on the phone you will have to send a message via the My Telstra App on your mobile phone (blue icon in the Get Help section  bottom right of the screen).

You could mark it as urgent (so you don't go into another month's payment on your Post Paid plan) by pressing on the 3 dots top right of the screen. 

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a human".

You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message. 

It's not instant like Live Chat was....it could be hour's for you to receive a reply. 

You should receive a notification on your mobile when they've replied to your message. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Smiley3
Accepted Solution

Hi Frustrated_and_,

The usual method to change from Post Paid to Pre-Paid is by going into a Telstra store or ringing 132200.

Unfortunately you can't do this yourself in your Account...it has to be done by a Telstra Employee. 

As your Telstra store is closed and you can't get through on the phone you will have to send a message via the My Telstra App on your mobile phone (blue icon in the Get Help section  bottom right of the screen).

You could mark it as urgent (so you don't go into another month's payment on your Post Paid plan) by pressing on the 3 dots top right of the screen. 

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a human".

It's not instant like Live Chat was....it could be hour's for you to receive a reply. 

You should receive a notification on your mobile when they've replied to your message. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Frustrated_and_
Level 2: Rookie

@Smiley3 wrote:

Hi Frustrated_and_,

Thank you. Never would have guessed this. However this experience with Telstra is making me think I don't want to use their service anymore.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more