Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Pre-paid Mobile

Answered

Hi there, 

Can I purchase a Telstra pre-paid phone and put a Telstra post-paid SIM in it? I just want to buy a handset without a new plan.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Pre-paid Mobile

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

@Ozmoz wrote:

@Whyisthissohard wrote:

Hi there, 

Can I purchase a Telstra pre-paid phone and put a Telstra post-paid SIM in it? I just want to buy a handset without a new plan.

HI @Whyisthissohard 

Shouldn't be a problem.

Phones that are locked to Telstra only need a Telstra SIM (No idea if the one you want is locked anyway).

BTW: I'm not 100% sure, but usually Pre-Paid phones also come with a Pre-Paid SIM value, so you are paying for that as well even though you don't need it.

Thank you for the information and advice!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@Whyisthissohard wrote:

Hi there, 

HI @Whyisthissohard 

Shouldn't be a problem.

Phones that are locked to Telstra only need a Telstra SIM (No idea if the one you want is locked anyway).

BTW: I'm not 100% sure, but usually Pre-Paid phones also come with a Pre-Paid SIM value, so you are paying for that as well even though you don't need it.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Yes, prepaid phones come along with the prepaid sim..50 % of issues are solved there.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

@Ozmoz wrote:

@Whyisthissohard wrote:

Hi there, 

HI @Whyisthissohard 

Shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you for the information and advice!

View solution in original post

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more