Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Pre paid new phone problems activating

Hi, I am experiencing a ridiculous problem. I just purchased a new phone (Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5700T) unlocked, and transferred my old sim card. Everything was there, contacts etc., but Lo and behold - no worky! (Emergency call only)The book says Call 12588887 - can't, phone won't work. Land line phone replies - "can't charge on this number, call this number - 132200. This number re-directs to the first one which says?? Go away! Using a wireless dongle I managed to get on to Telstra pre-paid and checked available credit - amazing! Only $12 odd left after useage of $5?? What mathematicians at Telstra? I have a LONG LIFE PLAN, recently recharged for $30.00, and my old phone has been out of action for the last month at least (not switched on). I can't access the internet on it, and rarely send sms. (My useage confirms this.) When I went to school, 5 from 30 was 25, not 12. I still cannot get the thing to work because I cannot contact anyone at Telstra to give me an answer. I am waiting patiently. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Pre paid new phone problems activating

That's certainly not good to hear and I definitely want to ensure that your phone is working correctly.

Firstly, the pre-paid number is 1258887 from a pre-paid service otherwise from another service you will need to dial 1258888 or 132200. These should all get you through to our pre-paid team. In saying that you can always try live chat on http://tel.st/49kl.

You will be best off contacting pre-paid on these options as I'm not able to see what has happened with your account. Keep me posted with how this goes.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more