Nkd1
Level 2: Rookie

Pre paid plan changes

Answered

I have been on the Telstra pre paid extra plan for a few years now and it included free calls to Canada. While recharging the other day, I noticed that the plans had changed and would need to move to the pre paid complete plan to get any calls to Canada. I have tried to change the plans for the last 2 days with no success. Cannot talk to anyone, just through the app. Took 4.5 hours of messaging for them to tell me that there were issues and to try within 24-48 hours. Have been trying and still no luck. Tried to message back on the app today but as the old conversation was still there I can't lodge a new request. Not sure what more to do. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Pre paid plan changes

No worries Smiley Happy

Hopefully an Employee in the Telstra store will be able to change the plan for you.

Once they've changed the plan you'll need to put a recharge on to get the benefits of the Complete plan. 

Let us know how you get on.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Smiley3

Hi Nkd1,

Have you tried all the methods in the below link to change your plan?

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/news-feed/how-do-i-view-or-change-my-pre-paid-offer/ba-p/8018...

You could try visiting a Telstra store (if you're able to) and see if they can change your plan on their system. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Nkd1

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes I have tried all the methods multiple times over the last 2 days without any luck-  keep getting an error message. Will try going to a store to see if they can help. Cheers.

Smiley3
Accepted Solution

No worries Smiley Happy

Hopefully an Employee in the Telstra store will be able to change the plan for you.

Once they've changed the plan you'll need to put a recharge on to get the benefits of the Complete plan. 

Let us know how you get on.

View solution in original post

DeathJr

Good luck. I've wasted 2 days and 9 hours with customer service over similar issue to no resolve.

Nkd1

Thank you, I was able to get to a store and they sorted it out. Good thing I only live slightly in the middle of nowhere and still able to get to a store! Cheers 

Nkd1

I feel your pain. If I wasn't in an area that needed the coverage, Telstra would have been history about 24 hours ago.  I went into a Telstra store and they were able to sort it out if that is an option for you .  Good luck and fingers crossed for you

Smiley3

Hi @Nkd1,

Glad to hear the Telstra store could get it sorted for you.

Thanks for letting me know how you got on Smiley Wink

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more