Level 3: Gumshoe

Pre Paid Plan problems

Answered

Hi,

I recently purchased a new mobile phone outright for a family member. We then changed the pre paid plan to, what i thought was a $150/6month Pre-Paid complete. However a few days later i discovered that the staff member had actually put the phone on a Pre-Paid long life plus with $150 of credit. Later that day i changed the plan to the one we originally wanted (Pre-Paid complete $150/6month) using the #100# function on the phone. The problem is that we are still being charged for calls/texts e.t.c., as if the phone is still on the Long Life Plus plan.(Note: there was about $160 of credit on the phone at the time, and the #100# menu clearly states that the phone is now on the Pre-paid Complete plan). Is this happening because the existing credit cant be transferred from the Long Life to the Complete plans? Can the problem be fixed by simply buying some credit and then selecting the $150/6month option?, if so what will happen to the current credit balance(Approximately $140)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Pre Paid Plan problems

I'll add that once you've put a recharge on you won't see the $ amount for that recharge as Credit or Recharge Credit like you did with the Pre-Paid Long Life Plus plan.

You should see Data Bank, Unlimited calls and text, Extra Credit and Data (possibly minutes to use on International calls...I'm not on the Complete plan so I can't say you'll definitely see this) in the Balance Details (number 2) in #100#.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

You could always fill out the below Complaints form or use the My Telstra App messaging if you want to be reimbursed for the original $150 recharge. 

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint?ref=TD_fr_cs_tcom_complaintform

Once you've submitted the form or used the messaging  you'll be assigned a Case Manager.

You could either ask for all the expiry date's to be extended for 6 months, they'd have to put another 60GB Data on the Pre-Paid Account and extra International call minutes.

If you have another Telstra service they could Credit that Account the $150.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

If you're still needing help with this message with us via our messaging service in the app & we'll be able to provide the answers you need. In the app, there are 5 tabs at the bottom of the page the 4th one is 'get help', you click that & then there's a blue message button you click on, or the ‘message us’ link.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstea are useless and continue to prove it, my wife got  phone call about my bill being overdue, only problem is she is not  contact on my mobile and did not even know I had it, telstra yo I are useless.

Highlighted

Hi @Deano1982,

If I was you I'd be going back to the Telstra store and ask to speak to the Manager. 

I'd put in a complaint about the staff member putting the Pre-Paid plan on Long Life Plus instead of the Complete plan....as you've basically wasted $150.

Once you've changed your Pre-Paid plan to the Complete plan you need to put a recharge on to get the benefits of the Complete plan.

You'll still get charged at the Pre-Paid Long Life Plus rates until you put another recharge on. 

You won't lose the recharge credits from the Long Life Plus plan, it will rollover to the Complete plan...but that credit would only be able to be used for Premium sms's, purchasing Data Top-Up packs (to use in Australia) and calls and sms to International numbers.

If you're family member isn't going to use the rollover credit for any of the above I'd be asking the store Manager for them to reiburse you the original $150.....you shouldn't be $150 out of pocket (by having to put another $150 recharge  on to be able to use the service on the Complete plan) because the staff member put the Pre-Paid service on the wrong plan.

Highlighted

Ok, thank you very much for your help. We'll try recharging the credit and see what happens.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I'll add that once you've put a recharge on you won't see the $ amount for that recharge as Credit or Recharge Credit like you did with the Pre-Paid Long Life Plus plan.

You should see Data Bank, Unlimited calls and text, Extra Credit and Data (possibly minutes to use on International calls...I'm not on the Complete plan so I can't say you'll definitely see this) in the Balance Details (number 2) in #100#.

Highlighted

Just an update on the problem: I recharged the credit this morning to $150. Now when i look at the balance details using the #100# function, it shows the remaining credit from the incorrect pre-paid plan then basically everything you described in your last post. So now i assume that once the remaining credit from the PrePaid long life plus is used up, the PrePaid complete credit(unlimited sms/calls 60gb data) will just automatically kick in?. Once again thank you for your help with this problem.

Note: I didnt even bother going back to the Telstra shop to get the problem fixed. The store i originally visited has a terrible reputation i.e. rude staff poor service, but the family member i bought it for has a terminal illness so couldn't really go to another shop.

Highlighted

Hi Deano1982,

Now that you've put the 2nd $150 recharge on (after changing to the Complete plan yourself in the #100#) the calls and text to Australian numbers will be unlimited (meaning free of charge).

You're relative can now call anyone in Australia for free as much as they want to.

Any Data that is now used will be deducted from the 60GB.

You will only see the rollover Recharge Credit from the Long Life Plus decrease if you're relative purchases a Data Top-Up pack, enters a competition (like the channel 7 Cash Cow) using Premium sms or calling overseas numbers once they've used their free included minutes on the Complete plan. 

I actually changed my Mum from the Long Life plan yesterday to the Complete plan. 

Her unused Recharge Credit ($233.00) rolled over.

I put a $30 recharge on after receiving the text message that her plan was now on the Complete plan

She now has free unlimited calls and text to Australian numbers....the change's aren't coming out of her $233.00.

The Data she is using is decreasing from the 23GB of Data she got with the $30 recharge. 

I also noticed in her #100# that it does show how many minutes she has left for International calls. 

I personally would be going back to the Telstra store for a refund. 

They shouldn't be able to get away with you being $150 out of pocket.

I do understand that you would be under a lot of stress in your current situation and would be just glad that you're relative can now use their mobile as first intended. 

I'm sorry to hear that your relative has a terminal illness Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

You could always fill out the below Complaints form or use the My Telstra App messaging if you want to be reimbursed for the original $150 recharge. 

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint?ref=TD_fr_cs_tcom_complaintform

Once you've submitted the form or used the messaging  you'll be assigned a Case Manager.

You could either ask for all the expiry date's to be extended for 6 months, they'd have to put another 60GB Data on the Pre-Paid Account and extra International call minutes.

If you have another Telstra service they could Credit that Account the $150.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

If you're still needing help with this message with us via our messaging service in the app & we'll be able to provide the answers you need. In the app, there are 5 tabs at the bottom of the page the 4th one is 'get help', you click that & then there's a blue message button you click on, or the ‘message us’ link.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more