Tishie
Level 2: Rookie

Pre Paid plans

I am currently on Prepaid Max due to expire in Feb 21. Can I renew this plan or has it been discontinued as I cannot see any renewal or other details. If I switch to Pre Paid complete can I carry over any unused credits

How do I switch plans 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Wilko3

Re: Pre Paid plans

Similar to you Tishie, I received a txt that my PrePaid Extra will expire and I will need to change to, I presume, PrePaid Complete.

I also have 50GB in my data bank which I'm lead to believe will not be carried over.

Poor form from Telstra if true as I'm being forced to change and lose the Bank I've taken a long time to build.

Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Hi @Tishie,

If you haven't received an sms from Telstra saying that they're changing your Pre-Paid Max plan to 1 of the current Pre-Paid plans then you should still be able to recharge your mobile service on the Max plan.

You should be able to recharge through the My Telstra App or the Telstra My Account.

https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/overview

If you can't see your Pre-Paid service in the above, you can type #100# into your mobile phone's calling App. Or type m.telstra.com into the browser on your mobile phone, then press the magnifying icon. (You can't use the m.telstra.com method while connected to WI-FI, it can only be used with your mobile phone's Data).

All the above methods will show you what Pre-Paid plan you're currently on. 

I'm on the Pre-Paid Max plan and I haven't received an sms yet saying that my plan is changing.

Telstra are in the process of moving Pre-Paid customer's that are on old Pre-Paid mobile plans to their 2 current plans..Pre-Paid Complete and Pre-Paid Long Life Plus.

Telstra are supposed give customer's 30 day's notice if they're moving you off your plan.

If you do change to the Complete plan your built-up Data Bank data will carry over to the Complete plan.

If you have any accumulated Recharge Credit from previous Pre-Paid plans this will also get carried over to the Complete plan. 

The below link has instructions on how to check what Pre-Paid plan you're on and how to change your Pre-Paid plan.

Four month's ago I used the #100# method to change both my Parent's Pre-Paid plans. It was quick and easy to do.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/mobiles-devices/view-change-pre-paid-plan

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Smiley3

Hi @Wilko3,

You're built-up 50GB Data in your Data Bank on the Pre-Paid Extra plan will transfer over to the Complete plan's Data Bank. 

If you were going to change to the Pre-Paid Long Life Plus plan your built-up Data Bank data won't transfer over because the Long Life Plus plan doesn't have the Data Bank feature. 

In the below link scroll down to "Things you need to know" and press on that. 

You'll see the wording "Data Bank: Your unused Data Bank data will expire if you switch to an incompatible plan. Recharge required to access Data Bank."

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Wilko3

Hi Smiley3. Thank you for that. Hoping you're correct.

I went to the Telstra Support/Help chat before checking in the CrowdSupport community and they told me that the data wouldn't transfer over from Extra to Complete.

I don't have a lot of confidence with the Support chat, but then again, it wouldn't surprise me if Telstra wiped the data ☹.

Smiley3

Hi @Wilko3,

I'm also hoping that the Data Bank Data will transfer over to the Complete plan.

I have 200GB saved in my Data Bank on the Pre-Paid Max plan. I don't want to lose it all when Telstra eventually moves me to the Complete plan.

I'll admit that I don't have 100% faith in Telstra's support regarding Pre-Paid service's....just going by my past experiences over the year's Smiley Wink 

Would you be kind enough to report back here when you've been changed to the Complete plan and let me know if the Data Bank data did transfer over?

I'd really appreciate it Smiley Happy

Wilko3

Hey Smiley3, I'll certainly report back.

I have to recharge Friday 29th Jan.

Any opinion whether I should just recharge my existing plan and let Telstra compulsory change me over to Complete on 22 Feb, or, change over to Complete early on 29th Jan?

Do you think it would make any difference to the outcome?

Smiley3

Hi @Wilko3,

Thanks for writing that you'll report back here regarding the Data Bank Data Smiley Happy

Do you currently recharge $40 or above and make calls to any of the 10 International Countries that have unlimited calls on the Pre-Paid Extra plan?

If you do, then you'd be better off staying on the Pre-Paid Extra plan until Telstra changes you to the Complete plan. 

The Complete plan doesn't have unlimited International calls to any country...it has allocated minutes per recharge to Zone1 and Zone 2 countries.

If you changed on the 27th I don't think it would make a difference regarding whether the Data Bank would transfer over to if you wait for Telstra to change you.

I haven't seen a copy of the sms that Telstra are sending Pre-Paid mobile phone customer's about moving them off of their old plan.

I have seen an email regarding Telstra moving my sister off of her old Pre-Paid mobile broadband plan in February.

I'm presuming that the wording would be something like what is in the below that was in her email...which shows that "At the end of your recharge expiry your next recharge will feature your new Pre-Paid plan inclusions".

• Following your update, your recharge expiry date will remain the same. Your data, and any bonus data or rollover data will carry over to your updated plan.
  • At the end of your recharge expiry, your next recharge will feature your new Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband plan

Wilko3

Hi again Smiley3. Thanks for the additional info.

A recharge of $30 usually suits me as I have no normal need to call overseas from my mobile.

This is the sms message I received:

The link doesn't work - I've tried it several times. Possibly it contained info around my question. 

".........so you can enjoy even more data for the same amount, you'll be updated to our latest Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile plan from 22 February, with unlimited talk and text in Australia to standard Australia numbers on Australia's best 4G. This will be automatic and your service will not be disrupted - no need to do a thing. For now, continue using your service as normal and find out more about your update:

<edited for privacy>
Unsubscribe from marketing: 1800039059"

Smiley3

Hi @Wilko3,

You'll need to edit your last post (3 dots, top right of the screen) and remove the link!!

It's working for me, it has your name and mobile number in it.

If you can't edit your post (you only have a certain amount of time, like 10 minutes) I'll notify a Moderator to remove it for you.Smiley Happy

Wilko3

Oh bugger.

Can you please help remove Smiley3.

Didn't realise that.

I'm a novice.

Wilko3

Thanks again Smiley3 for arranging the edit. Sorry for the trouble.

I did think when I copied it whether I should do it. First instincts usually are correct.

Smiley3

Hi @Wilko3,

I notified a Moderator and luckily they removed the link very quickly.

It looks like Telstra are not moving you to the Complete plan. It seems that Telstra have a new plan that they're moving customer's to. 

The below link shows what plan you are being moved to. It was in the link that you posted.

I (and some of my relative's) won't be happy as this is the plan that is replacing all the current plans (besides Long Life Plus, I presume). Telstra are stopping a few features that we are currently using Smiley Sad

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/update?og=b2cyPTAwMzJQMDAwMDA0d2lQMlFBSQ==

Tishie

Hi Smiley 3 

Thank you for your reply and the Link. Very useful

Last year I received 2 SMS from Telstra announcing changes to my Pre Paid Max .one being I could no longer connect to Telstra Air .Second SMS announced that I could no longer use International roaming.

regards

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more