Imran187
Level 1: Cadet

PRE-PAID SIM DISCONNECTED?

Heey guys I've been overseas for the last 6 months so I didn't get a chance to recharge my pre paid phone and my number has been disconnected it no longer works! I was wondering if it's possible to get it back ? It got disconnected today.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

Re: PRE-PAID SIM DISCONNECTED?

If it was only just disconnected then it should still be in quarantine and you should be able to get it back. If possible I would head into your nearest Telstra store who can liaise on your behalf and sell you the appropriate starter kit to get yourself back up and running again. Just make sure you take in appropriate ID.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Steve_C
Level 1: Cadet

This is a ridiculous thing. We are continuously overseas for more than 6 months of the year and this whole disconnected number policy is pure Telstra. Doesn't happen with other carriers.

In the past you could recharge for $10 and keep the number live for a year. Not any more. Telstra thinks there is more money to be made screwing customers around than providfing a reasonable service.

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Steve_C

While we understand that our Policy around disconnecting numbers after six months may be frustrating to some of our Customers, we do everything we can to minimise any inconvenience by sending alerts to the Customers warning of the pending disconnection. 

We send these notifications at 32 days, and also 8 days prior to the disconnection. 

Hi, your service will be disconnected in <X> days.  To keep using this service please recharge.  Info at testra.com/recharge or http://m.telstra.com”

This allows Customers to recharge if the service is still required. 

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more