Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

PREPAID ACTIVATION

HI,well its been over 24 hrs now and my sim card is not activated,been into the telstra shop even,nice person told me to hold on as these things take time,gone to activation site online,still nothing doing.All i want to do is put more money into your coffers, is it that hard???????

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 16: Secret Agent

Re: PREPAID ACTIVATION

Hi,

Yes, it is that hard... you're dealing with telstra!

I would go back to the telstra store and see if that same person is there.

They can sort this for you, be nice but firm... depending on the store, they sometimes have a staff member who's job it is to provide technical support and they should be able to fix this.

Take your time and don't leave until your phone works!

If it's done right, they can get you going while you wait... also, they can activate a new sim and transfer any credit from the other account.

Now that I think about it.. I did have a pre-paid sim once that was a "duplicate" for some reason , so the person behind the counter simply grabbed a new sim and transfered the account details over and activated it... problem solved.

cheers

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Man Happy

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi,

If your service is not yet activated I'd suggest heading back into store to follow up on this further 

Let us know how you go 

thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more