HZ
Level 1: Cadet

Prepaid changes to plan - misinformation given

I am trying to find an email address to report my issue.  

I am overseas at the moment and need to get it sorted ASAP.

I had the Encore plan - and $69 of credit (not left on the plan this was actual credit)  as far as the system told me.  I asked at the Rundle Mall shop a) can I use that credit to change my plan - answer YES  b)How do I do it - answer #100# and follow the prompts.  SO I did this and now I am told that I have to reload.....what is going on?  Why hasn't it just used the credit that I had there???  Why is it all so difficult - if there was an additional step...why wasn't I told?  Why is it I now have a phone that can not receive messages overseas due to the incompetency of a Telstra staff member?

This is the second issue in a very short time that I have been with Telstra......the first when I moved from the long life charge to a plan...and now (even though I checked with the "experts") I am having yet another problem.   Please help me solve the problem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
DanK
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Prepaid changes to plan - misinformation given

Not sure I understand the first question 'can I use that credit to change my plan?'. If you change your offer then any balance that you have will be remain but you cannot use a recharge to recharge, if that is what you are asking.

As you are overseas if you want to speak to an agent who has access to your account then have a chat to us via Live Chat

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
raboo
Level 1: Cadet

I am fuming with anger right now.

I went on live chat to request for a phone number transfer. Basically I am currently on a plan with Telstra, but I also have an extra sim card which is an Optus Pre paid one.

My request was very simple: all I wanted was to change my plan number to my pre paid number, as I have had the pre paid number for a long time and no longer needed the number which was on the plan.

I was told by 'Mary Jane' that this could be done. All I needed to do was to switch the Optus Pre Paid sim to a Telstra pre paid sim so it would be easier to port with my current exisitng plan. I followed her instructions and bought a brand new Telstra pre paid sim, and transferred my optus number to that sim.

The next night I jumped back onto the Live chat queue (which, dare I meantion, took at least an hour until I was attended to) only to be told that this could not be done and if I wanted to keep the Prepaid number I would have to sign up for a new post paid plan.

I was not happy with this result as I was clearly misinformed.

All the lady could say was sorry.

I don't think you understand the trouble you put people in when you relay the wrong information.

I have never had a problem with any other provider regarding number transfers. I am so unhappy with Telstra and now I am stuck with you for another year.

NEVER GOING WITH TELSTRA AGAIN!!!

Your deals are not even that great. Your prepaid deals are the worst.

Apology not accepted.

ShannonD
Support Team
Support Team

Hi raboo,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty bringing your number across

Whether you want to go pre-paid or post-paid, Telstra will bring your number across – it's a free service.

You can find more information here 
https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/switching-your-mobile-number-to-telstra

Our 24x7 prepaid team will be able to assist on 132200

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more