GizmoWill
Level 1: Cadet

Prepaid Duplicate recharge fault with online payment system not recognizing payment.

The online payment system kept stating my prepaid service will/was not active. This kept appearing as I used the online p[platform, like many times before. Also due to Telstra platform does not regard you as a "customer", and in turn when I checked to see when making the online payment, did this reflect in the My Account platform. Even if you have paid active Prepaids, the My services feature reflects you have 0 services. Telstra, if a customer is prepaying isn't this best for your organisation "revenue is recognised at point of payment". Therefore, understandably coming from telecommunications, if you have different interfaces for the various services "as you do", then they amalgamate into one apparently user friendly platform, then consideration in how this data is bridged and what is displayed to your customers is essential. On this note, my point that prepaid is revenue, rather than display No Services in the MyServicesplatform, just state this but identify for that service "special note". If I searched to see if & why if Prepaid service reflected active ie my online payment worked, displaying I have have xx days left & recharged on. Therefore this would assist people whom can use technology & make payments online, and left ???? This could alleviate duplicate payments. Though it appears even 1 week later after I noticed the credit card payment duplicate, there are so many support pages have either been made inactive or even technical support url not working. Though the most aggravating reoccurring point is, there is no clear direct link to support for prepaid "Disgusting". Having reference pages that give no support where an action will be done to resolve the issue. Prepaid is not associated with a person social economic circumstance, especially post COVID, though the marketing, non existing adequate support, broken or non existent web pages like a Post Paid customer. The evidence & example is why the myservices platform for customer information/payments, even when logged in gives testament to my concerns. If you want to segregate Prepaid customers, then clearly ask them if they intend to use this service progressively "likely to roll over after period". Then if they say yes "Make this reflected please" in the MyServices. We may feel the world is mended from COVID, though more than many now have to live month by month to suit their affordability.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
ShannonD
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Prepaid Duplicate recharge fault with online payment system not recognizing payment.

Hi @GizmoWill, you can usually manage your prepaid services online as per the information here. If you're not seeing your service when you login, please chat with us through the My Telstra app & we'll investigate what's happening. To do that, open the Telstra app then tap the 'get help' tab at the bottom of the screen & you will see the blue speech bubble to 'Message Us'. While you will first speak with our virtual assistant Codi, follow the prompts & they will put you through to a team member that can assist further if you type 'more help' or ask for a 'consultant'. Make sure notifications are on within the Telstra app too, this way you can go about your day & reply further there when you get a response.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Prepaid Duplicate recharge fault with online payment system not recognizing payment.

Hi GizmoWill

Just checking in to see how you went?

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more