SpiritAu
Level 1: Cadet

Prepaid on esim

Hi - I am a Telstra customer, and for several months now I have been trying to get a Telstra pre-paid plan with my esim. The website has a couple of references to this being available, but I see no option for changing my current plan to prepaid with the esim, and Telstra stores say it is not possible for prepaid on an esim. Can it be done with Telstra or not. I see Optus now does it. Thanks for any help.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Prepaid on esim

Hi SpiritAU, we've been moving our mobile customers over to our newer account system over the past few months and at present eSIM services aren't available in this new system which may be why you've been told it's not possible. We're working to add features to the new system, and the most recent information I can find advises that the eSIM should be available for services there from June.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

SpiritAu

Thanks Greg - Does that mean, when it finally happens for me, I should be able to make the plan change and get the esim code for the My Telstra app?

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Yes, once the eSIM is available in the new account system it can be taken up through the My Telstra app or in a local Telstra store

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

SpiritAu

Thanks Greg

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more