Skye19
Level 2: Rookie

Prepaid Plus Pack Not Loading

I've been trying to buy a pre-paid mobile plus pack several times for 2 days and after confirmation of purchase, it's not loading onto my phone nor does my credit balance change. Doesn't seem to work from my Telstra App nor computer desktop.  Tried to contact a human at Telstra as the AI doesn't understand my issue, but to no avail.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
20 REPLIES 20
Renee
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Prepaid Plus Pack Not Loading

Hey Skye19,

Are you still needing assistance with your Pre Paid service?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Skye19

Hey Renee,

Yes, I still need assistance - the Text Plus and Pics Plus Packs are not working - I've been trying for nearly 4 weeks and still cannot purchase these two Plus Packs.  The Browse Plus Pack purchasing is working but not the Text Plus and Pics Plus - I try to purchase $5 packs, the system confirms it but then nothing - no credit deduction and no Plus Packs added to my pre-paid.  I've tried more than a dozen times over the past 4 weeks including restarting phone and re-installing the Telstra app but the issue occurs on both the Telstra App as well as when I try to purchase via a browser on a desktop computer.  Please assist!  Thanks, S.

TanashaM
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for letting me know, @Skye19. It would be best to follow this up with our Pre-paid team by sending a message through to the MyTelstra app and they can look into this for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Sue261065

I am having the same problem so I contacted the Pre-Paid team and they don't know what is wrong either and can't offer a solution

Skye19

Hi. I've sent 5 FIVE messages through myTelstra app and FOUR of them were responded to by AI and always says that the issue is with me and not with Telstra's system... and then tries to say that the matter is resolved and close the message.  ONCE, I received a message reply back from a human person and they said that I should go to a Telstra Shop as they couldn't help... So I made a booking to a Telstra Store - spent 30 minutes in there and at the end of it, they couldn't help and called Telstra Support after I left who said to them that they cannot assist them as they can only deal with the account holder directly and suggested that I message them through the myTelstra App... so it's a circular problem that no-one can seem to resolve...

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Skye19. 

That's no good. 

Are you an authorised contact on the account? You mentioned when you spoke via the My Telstra App that they said they can only speak to the account owner?

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Sue261065

Yep same here. Very frustrating

Sue261065

Yes I am and no one can help

Skye19

Hi Tommy,

I'm the owner - not just an authorised contact. My response was about the support I received from the Telstra Store - they tried to assist by calling Telstra Support and Telstra Support took more than an hour to respond to them and by then, I had left the store - Telstra Support told the Telstra Store that they cannot talk to the Telstra Store and needed to talk to me directly - as I had left the store already, Telstra Support told the Telstra Store that I (Skye) would have to contact Telstra Support by messaging via myTelstra App which has not been useful as I haven't had any success with resolving the issue by messaging myTelstra App.

OllieW
Support Team
Support Team

Gotcha Skye, where are things getting stuck on the app?

Skye2019

Hello Ollie,

The app allows me to purchase $5 SMS plus pack, then I click purchase, and then I get a notice, "Thank you, your purchase has been successful. We will send you a text when your request has been fully processed. This may take several minutes"...

But the Balance never changes and I never get the plus pack - the process seems to stop after I receive the notice.  I've tried several times since November 2020, but I never get any plus packs...

RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

Thank you Skye19, I have sent you a PM. - Ryan

TMPC1
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Skye19

I've had exactly the same issues with Plus Packs as you describe. If you've found a solution, could you please let me know what needs to be done so the Plus Packs work again? 

Thank you.

Skye2019

Hi TMPC1,

Been talking to a lot of Telstra people and so far, nobody has been able to assist Smiley Sad But I'll keep trying and let you know.

TMPC1
Level 1: Cadet

Hi again

Have you been told that it's a technical fault that nobody knows how to fix? Or have you been told something else? What else can we try to do to contact Telstra for answers? I've tried the phone number, the online chat, the Telstra shop, this forum...and on it goes! 

Thanks

Skye19

Hi, I haven't had any follow-up from anybody at Telstra telling me what the problem is - because Telstra is trying to be customer-focussed, they keep thinking the fault lies with customer and I keep trying to tell them it's a Telstra-IT issue...

I tried online and the Telstra person told me to go to a Telstra Store to try and solve it.  I made a booking and went to a Telstra Store and they couldn't help but said they would follow-up with Telstra IT... so I left and then the Telstra Store rang me about 2 hours later and said that the Telstra IT said they can't deal with the Telstra Store and need to work with the owner directly... the Telstra store told me to contact Telstra online which is back to square one.

I received a message on this bulletin board to contact Telstra - I spent online for more than 12 hours (in the background) but after 3 shifts and 3 separate Telstra support officers, I didn't get any useful response except for they are looking into it, so I finally disconnected from the Telstra online at midnight...

I don't know what else to do but change phone carriers if Telstra is going to treat me like this Smiley Sad

To add more insult, I keep getting ranking improvements and congratulations for this bulletin board - I would rather have more replies to solve the issue, rather than messages about rank improvements and badges which is actually more annoying than rewarding especially when the issue isn't being resolved...

Sue261065

I am still having the same problems..day after day I go on the helpline..explain the whole story again and again and get..we will get back to you in 7 days..and yes then a survey on how did we go ..so i say terrible still no advise or help..and they say..thank you for your feedback..you get another badge..grr

Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Hi Skye2019,

I've been following your post here and hoping that I wouldn't have the same problem.

Unfortunately, I also had the same problem trying to purchase a $10 Talk Plus Pack for a Pre-Paid Long Life plan. 

I got the same reply message you receive, but it never reduced the Recharge Credit amount and add the 25 minutes for the Talk Plus Pack. 

It's definitely a problem in Telstra's back end system...a Telstra store won't be able to fix the problem. 

I suggest getting a Telstra Employee to manually add the Plus Pack's to your Pre-Paid mobile service's Account.

I rang 132200 (best to ring between 9am and 5pm AEDT), chose the option "Technical fault", and waited about 15 minutes to speak to a Pre-paid consultant. I explained the problem and eventually the consultant offered to manually apply the Talk Pack to the Pre-Paid service. 

The bonus by her doing it was that with a $10 Talk pack it should give 25 minutes talk, but the lowest minutes she could put on was 60 minutes for 30 day's expiry. Smiley Happy

She has reported the problem because I told her many customer's are having trouble purchasing Plus pack's.

Hopefully the problem will get fixed before I have to purchase the next Talk Plus Pack otherwise I'll be ringing them again to manually add it to the service. 

You could put in a formal complaint and get a Case Manager. It will usually take at least 5 business day's for a Case Manager to contact you. 

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Skye2019

Hi Smiley3,

Thanks for your suggestion and I hoped it worked for you. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me as I tried the exact same thing in December when the Telstra Operator said she could manually load it for me - she said she loaded $10 MMS and $10 SMS packs for me (she couldn't do the minimum $5 packs) and said it was done and to wait up to 1 hour for loading.  Both packs never loaded Smiley Sad and fortunately I wasn't charged it but again, it wasted my time with an operator trying to explain the situation, looking to resolve it, thought it got resolve, and then it was not...

Smiley3

Hi Skye2019,

The $10 was deducted from the recharge credit and the Talk minutes was added while I was still talking to the Telstra Pre-Paid consultant. It should have been instant for you also. 

I'd suggest putting in a complaint, as you've wasted enough of your time trying to get this fixed, and trying to get Plus Pack's manually added.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more