Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Prepaid service outage since 22/10/2020

Answered

I’ve noticed that my prepaid data service seems to be down since yesterday 22/10/2020 and is still down today. I’m unable to see what my balance is or recharge. Also have no mobile data while outside my house unless I connect to wifi. I can’t seem to find an outage notification anywhere though. Any update on whether this issue has been identified and eta on a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Prepaid service outage since 22/10/2020

Hi Uvulagirl,

I've been seeing that same image for about 1 week now in the My Telstra App for my Pre-Paid mobile broadband Data service. 

Are you able to see the Pre-Paid Data service when you log into your Telstra My Account?

If you do see your Data service in the Telstra My Account you’ll be able to recharge it there.

https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home

I can see my Data service in the Telstra My Account....just not in the My Telstra App. 

Have you looked on the Telstra outage website to see if there's a problem with mobile data in your area?

https://outages.telstra.com.au/#/

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi Uvulagirl,

I've been seeing that same image for about 1 week now in the My Telstra App for my Pre-Paid mobile broadband Data service. 

Are you able to see the Pre-Paid Data service when you log into your Telstra My Account?

If you do see your Data service in the Telstra My Account you’ll be able to recharge it there.

https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home

I can see my Data service in the Telstra My Account....just not in the My Telstra App. 

Have you looked on the Telstra outage website to see if there's a problem with mobile data in your area?

https://outages.telstra.com.au/#/

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Thankyou for the advice! That worked! I tried to login to my account earlier and it wouldn’t let me recharge or see my balance but I was following links from the app so maybe it was sending me to the wrong page? Thankyou for sending me the correct link. I was able to recharge and I appear to have mobile data back! Cheers!

Highlighted

You're welcome Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know that you could see the Pre-Paid service when you logged into your Telstra My Account.

I'm glad you were able to recharge and now have mobile data back Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Im hoping that you can help here too.

weve paid two lots onto our pre-paid, received receipts for both but no data is showing on the phone at all

Unfortunately we live in the country and i cant find anywhere with free wifi to load the telstra app to see if it will help

Highlighted

Hi @Frustratedmuch,

Sorry, I'm trying to decipher what you mean by "no data is showing on the phone at all".

Because you purchased 2 lot's of recharge's I'm guessing that you're trying to purchase a Data Top-Up pack for your mobile phone service?

If you've purchased Data Top-Up packs....once you've put the recharge's on you need to convert the Recharge Credit to Data. 

The below link has instructions on how to convert your Recharge Credit to Data.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/mobiles-devices/extra-data

Hopefully I've interpreted your question correctlySmiley Wink

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more