bcunningham1
Level 2: Rookie

Prepaid - Service Suspended - Control Group Unhelpful

Hi, had my service suspended about 3 weeks ago, and not having any luck in getting it reconnected. Let me tell you what happened:

- Out of the blue, I get a text from Telstra telling me my service is about to be suspended. I check and see that this is the case, and my service is suspended.

- I call 1258888 like it told me to in the 24/7 app, they say they have reconnected my service, and to wait 24 hours. I wait 24 hours, and service is not reconnected

- I call again, and Telstra actually reconnect my service (it doesn't show up as suspended anymore), but I can't receive/send calls or texts. Data does work however, and I can use #100#

- I call up again, the guy actually does help me, but the call gets disconnected. He managed to get outgoing calls and texts working, but no one can call or text me (calls to me get the "this number has been disconnected" message

- I go on Live Chat, person tells me to call control group on a special number, that is only open 9am-5pm AEST M-F. This makes it incredibly hard for me to actually get a hold of them, as by the time I get home it is usually 4:30pm (adelaide time), which means they are shut.

- I manage to find time to call them and they tell me to go to the Telstra store and give them 3 forms of ID (one photo ID). I give them student ID, medicare card & bank card

- Guy at the shop scans the ID and puts it on my account, tells me I have to call them again

- I call the next day and the line is absolutely terrible, I could hear the guy fine but for whatever reason he couldn't hear anything I said. He told me my service would not be reactivated, I asked why and he said for breaching T&C's. However, when I asked him in what way I breached the terms & conditions, he was unable to tell me and said "It says here that you breached the T&Cs, that's all I can tell you". I told him that's not good enough and he hung up on me

- I haven't had any time to call them for about 1 week now. I really need this resolved ASAP, anyone have any recommendations?

Also, no I haven't done any chargebacks against Telstra, infact I had just put a $50 recharge on this service when it was suspended. $50 down the drain it looks like Smiley Sad. I did have an ongoing TIO complaint at the time, not sure if that would be related?

Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Ashley
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Prepaid - Service Suspended - Control Group Unhelpful

Hi bcunningham1,

The issue would be unrelated to your TIO complaint. If you speak with your case manager though, they can help confirm what is happening for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

bcunningham1

Thanks for your reply Ashley, how do I get in contact with the case manager? I've only ever had them contact me not the other way around.

Ashley
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If you call 132200 and say complaints tomorrow morning we will be able to get you through to your case manager

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

bcunningham1

OK, thanks.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more