Lummy43
Level 2: Rookie

Prepaid sim

Answered

Hi I want to purchase a prepaid SIM for my son, that doesnt require the use of credit card or paypal? Any ideas, thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Prepaid sim

Hi Lummy43,

You can purchase a Telstra Pre-Paid SIM with cash or a Debit EFTPOS card from a Telstra store, Post Office or Supermarket like Coles and Woolworths. 

You can also purchase Recharge Voucher's with cash or a Debit EFTPOS card at all of the above places.

In Coles and Woolworths you can ask for a Telstra Pre-Paid voucher at the service desk, when you get served at a checkout or if you use the self-serve checkout. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Lummy43
Accepted Solution

He bought an Optus one, it says on the package can only be recharged with cc or paypal, so yeah trying to avoid that.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Do you mean you don't want him to have to use a credit or debit card, or Paypal to top up? or to not need that to buy it in the first place?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Smiley3
Accepted Solution

Hi Lummy43,

You can purchase a Telstra Pre-Paid SIM with cash or a Debit EFTPOS card from a Telstra store, Post Office or Supermarket like Coles and Woolworths. 

You can also purchase Recharge Voucher's with cash or a Debit EFTPOS card at all of the above places.

In Coles and Woolworths you can ask for a Telstra Pre-Paid voucher at the service desk, when you get served at a checkout or if you use the self-serve checkout. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Lummy43
Accepted Solution

He bought an Optus one, it says on the package can only be recharged with cc or paypal, so yeah trying to avoid that.

Lummy43

Legend, thank you.

SteveW_52

Optus offer similar purchase options, even through Cartridge World and other places.. 

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Smiley3

Hi @Lummy43,

You're welcome Smiley Happy

I'm actually a Telstra Pre-Paid customer myself Smiley Wink

I never use a credit card, paypal or direct debit for recharging my services.

I only buy recharge vouchers....usually from Coles or Woolworths. 

Here's a tip: keep an eye on the Coles catalogue (you might have to look at it online...where I live, Coles has stopped having them put in the letterbox).

Sometimes they have 10% off Telstra Pre-Paid recharge's. 

I was lucky, about 7 months ago they had the $150 recharge out for $100 (save $50). This equates to $16.67 per month for 6 months use...I bought 3.Smiley Wink

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more