WPB
Level 2: Rookie

Prepaid Telstra NANO to MICRO SIM - How hard can it be Telstra ?

Answered

I have an iphone 5 with NANO SIM on a Telstra Pre paid account for months it works fine.

I just bought a SAmsung S5 and ther Telstra Shop gave me the Micro SIM to swap (they actually swappedc in the shop).

All I wanted was my NANO SIM swapped for to a MICRO SIM and keep my number.

For 5 days they cannot get my SIM to work on the MICRO. I have had 4 new sim cards and also a blank sim card from Telstra.

Apparently Telstra says it comes up somethingt error from the Technical side or back of the house ?

The phone work with a friends SIM.

The phone works with another SIM that Telstra have provided.

The phone is not locked.

How hard is it to transfer my number 0400XXXXXX from a NANO SIM to a MICRO SIM with the same company ????

Any suggestions before I go to the Telecommunication Ombudsman !!!

HELP 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
CrowdDudette
Level 9: Captain
Accepted Solution

Re: Prepaid Telstra NANO to MICRO SIM - How hard can it be Telstra ?

I agree with you 100% it shouldn't be hard AT ALL.

You would be much better off to just get it changed back to a Nano SIM (if that will work again) & use a Nano to Micro Adapter.  You can also get a Nano to Mini Adapter.  Telstra can supply these at cost approx $10 & much cheaper on eBay (3 for $1).  Given the problems you have had they should supply free of charge if you ask at Telstra Shop where you got Micro SIM from.

That way, no matter what size SIM the device you choose to use, you can always use your Nano SIM. 

We do this all the time & it works really well, between iPhone 5, Samsung, Cheap Chinese Tablets etc.  Comes in handy when going overseas as well & when you get a local Nano SIM it will fit in all your devices this way. 

View solution in original post

WPB
Accepted Solution

Thanks so much☺It was a Telstra back of house tech problem that was fixed after 6 days. Very poor efforf from Telstra😠

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
CrowdDudette
Level 9: Captain
Accepted Solution

I agree with you 100% it shouldn't be hard AT ALL.

You would be much better off to just get it changed back to a Nano SIM (if that will work again) & use a Nano to Micro Adapter.  You can also get a Nano to Mini Adapter.  Telstra can supply these at cost approx $10 & much cheaper on eBay (3 for $1).  Given the problems you have had they should supply free of charge if you ask at Telstra Shop where you got Micro SIM from.

That way, no matter what size SIM the device you choose to use, you can always use your Nano SIM. 

We do this all the time & it works really well, between iPhone 5, Samsung, Cheap Chinese Tablets etc.  Comes in handy when going overseas as well & when you get a local Nano SIM it will fit in all your devices this way. 

WPB
Accepted Solution

Thanks so much☺It was a Telstra back of house tech problem that was fixed after 6 days. Very poor efforf from Telstra😠

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more