Leggat
Level 1: Cadet

Prepaid to BYO mobile plan

I just signed up for a BYO mobile plan after having a prepaid sim for several years. I activted the new sim and recieved a confirmation email stating that the sim has been activated with the same mobile number as my old prepaid sim, however, it still lists me as prepaid on my telstra account and the new sim does not work. Do i need to cancel my prepaid sim before i activate the new one?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Prepaid to BYO mobile plan

@Leggat,

You should not need to cancel anything to do with the prepaid service as we do this for you automatically.

Activations can take between 24 and 48 hours to complete despite receiving a notification saying that its active.

Usually a restart of the handset that the new SIM is in will assist with this process.

I hope that your service is up and running now though, sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Let me know if you have any issues.

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more