Level 1: Cadet

Prepaid

Answered
I have a telstra plan and changing to prepaid telstra can i keep my number?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Prepaid

Hi Marg107,

Yes, you can keep your same number when changing from a Telstra post paid plan to Telstra Pre-Paid.

Apparently, I've read in another post on Crowdsupport that the best way to change from Post Paid to Pre-paid is call 132200 and say "Disconnections".
Tell them that you want to keep the same number.
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Yes, they will do it over the phone for you on the details above, you don't even need a new SIM card, they can just convert the existing service with the existing details (including number). It takes typically about 1 hour (up to 24 hours) to complete the conversion.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Hi Marg107,

Yes, you can keep your same number when changing from a Telstra post paid plan to Telstra Pre-Paid.

Apparently, I've read in another post on Crowdsupport that the best way to change from Post Paid to Pre-paid is call 132200 and say "Disconnections".
Tell them that you want to keep the same number.
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Accepted Solution

Yes, they will do it over the phone for you on the details above, you don't even need a new SIM card, they can just convert the existing service with the existing details (including number). It takes typically about 1 hour (up to 24 hours) to complete the conversion.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Thanks @DrQ for adding that the same sim card can be used when changing from post paid to Pre-paid, I forgot to write that.

I changed from post paid to Pre-paid a few year's ago via speaking to the Pre-Paid department (but was told a few day's ago it's now best done through Disconnections), I kept the same number and sim....and it did only take up to 2 hours to complete the transfer.
I also didn't lose any connection while to transfer took place, but I did purchase a recharge voucher and gave Telstra the code number for them to apply it when I rang to change to Pre-paid.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more