Tonze
Level 2: Rookie

Reactivate my mobile prepaid service

Answered

Hi,  Can someone explain how I get my mobile prepaid service reactivated?  I haven't put credit on my phone for a couple of months and tried today and my service has been deactivated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tonze
Accepted Solution

Re: Reactivate my mobile prepaid service

Update.

No luck with 24/7 chat. Have to buy a new sim Smiley Sad

Lesson learnt. bye now.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero

oops .... You will need to buy a new $2 Sim starter kit from a Telstra Store or Telstra reseller.

They will be able to get this activated for you. In the future, remember that if a SIM card runs out of credit and isn't recharged for a period of 6 months, it will become deactive.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Tonze

Gee it doesn't feel like 6mths since I last recharged. Will I be able to keep the same number?
DEANJA

I'm afraid not:

1.12 If you do not recharge your service during your recharge only period, it will be disconnected and your number will be reallocated to another customer. You may receive a text message warning you of this before your recharge only period ends. The length of your recharge only period is 6 months from your Credit Expiry Date.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

Tonze

At the moment I still have my number and people can call me but I can't recharge to call anyone. The message I'm getting is "sorry. your service is deactivated".
So there is absolutely no way of getting it reactivated?.
DEANJA

OK, well that's sounding hopeful. I'd suggest that you go onto the 24/7 live chat and explain your situation and see how you go:

https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Crowdsupport:Consumer

Tonze

I'll give that a go. Thanks heaps for your help - appreciate it very much.
DEANJA

My pleasure, they should be able to set you on the right path to be able to recharge or figure out what the blockage is to allowing you to recharge direct on line at the moment, good luck with it.

Tonze
Accepted Solution

Update.

No luck with 24/7 chat. Have to buy a new sim Smiley Sad

Lesson learnt. bye now.

View solution in original post

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more