RonSH
Level 1: Cadet

Recommended PrePaid Plan

Answered

Hello from Norway.

I will require a prepaid sim when I visit Australia later this year. My requirements are simple:

- Phone national plus a few to UK and Norway

- Text national and to UK and Norway

- Data needs insignificant

Please advise which economic plan I should select for a 30 day period.

My last mobile sim has now expired but I would like to reuse the number. Is it possible to re-allocate? 

Thanks Ron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Recommended PrePaid Plan

The $40/50 Prepaid Plus offer would give you unlimited calls to Australian numbers, unlimited calls to the UK but calls to Norway would be charged at $0.30/min out of the Plus Credit included in the recharge ($10 on the $40 or $15 on the $50 recharge). International SMS to both countries are charged at $0.20c/SMS sent. http://tel.st/prepaid

Also once a number becomes deactivated it goes into quarantine and generally is not able to be recovered. Especially with prepaid numbers as they typically get reallocated once the quarantine is finished onto new prepaid kits.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
DrQ
Accepted Solution

The $40/50 Prepaid Plus offer would give you unlimited calls to Australian numbers, unlimited calls to the UK but calls to Norway would be charged at $0.30/min out of the Plus Credit included in the recharge ($10 on the $40 or $15 on the $50 recharge). International SMS to both countries are charged at $0.20c/SMS sent. http://tel.st/prepaid

Also once a number becomes deactivated it goes into quarantine and generally is not able to be recovered. Especially with prepaid numbers as they typically get reallocated once the quarantine is finished onto new prepaid kits.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

RonSH
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for your prompt reply ... very helpful.

Pity that you can't reuse an 'old' SIM but understandable. I used it for a couple of years during visits by extending validity but it costs!

Tusen takk. Ron

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more