KevinStewart
Level 1: Cadet

refund

I want to know WHEN I will receive the three refunds on prepaid mobile broadband units that were ordered, credit card money taken and then sent me an email an hour later stating that the order could not be authenticated and a refund will follow.

this was over two weeks ago and no refund has been given yet...

quick enough to take it, but way to slow to refund.  I call fraudulent online dealings, as the refund should happen as quick as the transaction.  below is what was sent an hour after I ordered the unit, believing I must have done something wrong I tried again, and sure enough, it sent me another message with another order number and an hour later sent me another email like below. Frustrated, and thinking I must be doing something wrong I ask my wife to try and the same thing happened once more. we'really now waiting for 3 refunds of $69 and 2 weeks later, nothing. poor show, and I'll be making a formal complaint with Fair Trading over this SCAM.

Dear Kevin,

Thanks for placing your order with the Telstra Online Shop - <removed details to secure your privacy>

Unfortunately, we can't authenticate the information you've provided through our online shop.

This means we can't proceed, so we've cancelled your order. We'll refund any delivery charges and/or purchase amount you've already paid us to the credit card you used to place the order.

If you'd like to place a new order, please visit your local Telstra store

If you have any questions, please call the Control Group on (free call) 1800 096 566 quote the order number shown above anytime between Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm (AEST/ AEDST).

Best regards,

Fiona Hayes
Executive Director, Global Contact Centres

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
KevinStewart
Level 1: Cadet

Re: refund

you know I don't want to become a cadet, receive a badge, or anything else from Telstra, EXCEPT THE REFUND I'M ASKING ABOUT!

The reason I'm writing this is because there is no phone number available to talk to a human in order to get my money back that Telstra Online stole from my credit card.

hopeless

no customer service

poor communication

and left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: refund

Did you call the 1800 number listed in the message?

Your other option is to contact your bank and lodge a disputed transaction.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more