Level 2: Rookie

'Say hello to your new Pre-Paid plan' email

Answered

Just got an email from Telstra telling me that my plan was going to change from 29 January. The email said 'Your current recharge... is the $30 30 day expiry and your new one is the $30 28 day expiry', yet in fact mine is the $50 365 day expiry which should have seen me through till June??? I'm hoping that it is just a poorly worded email and that my existing plan will continue until that date and I would then have an option to move onto a similar one, but how would I know if Telstra don't give you the opportunity to speak to anybody to clarify??? I notice they do have a 366 day plan which is going to be available, but with a 40% price hike on it which makes me wonder how they can claim the compulsory change will see me "get even better value from your plan".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: 'Say hello to your new Pre-Paid plan' email

Hi Fav,

Are you referring to a Pre-Paid mobile broadband plan?

As far as I'm aware of the only Pre-Paid plan that has a $50 recharge with 365 day's expiry is the Pre-Paid mobile broadband Data Pass (which I'm currently on).

You would hope that the wording in the Email you received is their generic wording....and you won't lose any day's expiry on your current recharge. 

You would need to discuss this with a Telstra Employee....although they might not have been informed yet about the change's to Pre-Paid plans....therefore they might not be able to tell you if you're going to lose day's on your current recharge. 

Send a message via the My Telstra App on your mobile phone (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a human".

You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message. 

It could take hours for the initial reply... you'll receive a notification in the App when they do reply. 

As for the price hike....Telstra presumes that customer's want more Data to use per recharge.

More Data means more $ outlay for some Pre-Paid plans. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

Hi Fav,

Are you referring to a Pre-Paid mobile broadband plan?

As far as I'm aware of the only Pre-Paid plan that has a $50 recharge with 365 day's expiry is the Pre-Paid mobile broadband Data Pass (which I'm currently on).

You would hope that the wording in the Email you received is their generic wording....and you won't lose any day's expiry on your current recharge. 

You would need to discuss this with a Telstra Employee....although they might not have been informed yet about the change's to Pre-Paid plans....therefore they might not be able to tell you if you're going to lose day's on your current recharge. 

Send a message via the My Telstra App on your mobile phone (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a human".

You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message. 

It could take hours for the initial reply... you'll receive a notification in the App when they do reply. 

As for the price hike....Telstra presumes that customer's want more Data to use per recharge.

More Data means more $ outlay for some Pre-Paid plans. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Yes, as I stated originally I am on the 365 data pass plan, and thank you Cody for your advice on how I could speak to a human at Telstra. However I don't fancy waiting hours in a queue for a reply, and in any event my old tablet has an unupgradable operating system which the Telstra app will not work with. Thanks for your advice anyway. As for the price hike Telstra is wrong if it presumes I would like more data than what I signed on for, I'd prefer my annual cost to stay the same.

Oops, don't know why I called you Cody. My apology.

Hi Fav,

No need to apologise for calling me Codi Smiley Wink

I have re-read your original post and I still can't see where you wrote that you're on the Data Pass planSmiley Surprised

I haven't received notification yet either via email or sms saying my Data Pass plan is changing....although I have now read that Telstra are notifying customer's that are on old Pre-Paid mobile broadband plans over the next 6 month's about the change.

I now have access to the email you received regarding the change to your plan.

My sister received her email (and forwarded it to me) saying her Pre-Paid mobile broadband Data Pass ll (the plan after our's) is changing in February to the new plan. 

She's actually happy to change to the new plan. She currently recharge's $150 for 20GB with 12 month's expiry (because she wanted the unused Data to rollover).

The new plan is $70 for 40GB with 12 month's expiry...a savings of $80 for her.

Unfortunately Telstra can't please everybody. 

As we both thought, it is a generic email which starts of showing a comparison of the current $30 recharge inclusions compared to the new plans $30 inclusions. 

When you look at the email again, you need to click on the rectangle with the wording "Find out more".

This will take you to a page with information and FAQ'S about the new plan.

https://www.telstra.com.au/internet/mobile-broadband/prepaid/update?og=b2cyPTAwMzVMMDAwMDAyTUM4VVFBV...

Under the heading "About my current recharge" click on "I have just recharged, what happens to my recharge credit and expiry date?"

I believe this answers your original question. 

Your current expiry date will still be in June next year. 

Note: if you have any accumulated Recharge Credit, this will be converted to Data. 

The below screenshot's are referring to what I've written in this post.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more