NightMARExxx
Level 1: Cadet

sim activation error: sim is expired but expiry is 05 may 2022...so wtf mate?

I bought this sim from a petrol station but i tried activating it using serial number but it says the sim has expired even though expiry is on 05 may 2022 so I went back to petrol station to try another one and that one showed the same thing.. I simply followed steps.. insert the sim in mobile and visit telstra.com/activate and enter sim serial and check sim but does not work... this is not cool we can't even get a sim now..

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
LauraBee
Support Team
Support Team

Re: sim activation error: sim is expired but expiry is 05 may 2022...so wtf mate?

I have previously seen issues regarding activating through the website. In these situations it's usually best to get in touch with our pre-paid team through the My Telstra app (https://tel.st/dm5av) by heading to the "Get Help" tab and clicking the blue message icon. The team can confirm the SIM validity on our end, and work out why the error is coming up. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more