gpetenate
Level 1: Cadet

SIM Card Prepaid purchased at Woolworhts

Hi There,

I purchased a $30.00 SIM prepaid Kit at Woolworth (06/04/2021) and after I paid over self check-out, Woolies attendant had to scan her card to activate it. I also got a docket saying the activation was succesfull.

Does that mean that I don't have to activate the SIM myself at telstra.com/activate? I tried to do it but it says the SIM card is expired.

When I inserted the SIM card into my phone I got a message saying that the SIM has not been registered and it can take up to 24 hrs to register it. Should I just wait for 24 hrs?

Thanks in advance.

Guil

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Dowser
Level 20: Director

Re: SIM Card Prepaid purchased at Woolworhts

You still have to activate it.

You can click on the ‘Activate your prepaid SIM kit’ button on the page https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/activate

gpetenate

Hi Dowser,

It says the SIM is expired. I am getting a text message saying it takes up to 24hrs to register the SIM. That's where I get confused. Normally this message is sent after ou activate the SIM?

Dowser

The ones I see at Woolworths have the expiry date written on them.

Does yours have one?.

- if so, what is the date?.

gpetenate

March 2022

Dowser

Try to contact Support via https://tel.st/pamgz

Dowser

@gpetenate wrote:

Hi Dowser,

It says the SIM is expired. I am getting a text message saying it takes up to 24hrs to register the SIM. That's where I get confused. Normally this message is sent after ou activate the SIM?

Is it all working now?.

I explained your situation at a Telstra store and the representative said that the SIM might be faulty, and that you can visit a store and get a replacement SIM card.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more