NTT
Level 2: Rookie

Sim order is missing

I placed an order for a Prepaid Sim, 12 month $300 on sale for $219. Telstra are now saying the order is missing so they don't know what I ordered and they will refund my $219. They apparently have enough of the order to know my credit card details for the refund but can't do anything except give the refund. How can I get them to supply the $300 Sim I purchased as the sale price is no longer available?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Sim order is missing

You make a very good point.

I think it's very reasonable to lodge a complaint.

Here is a link

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Kalak

Did you receive an order confirmation screen or email with a reference number?

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
NTT

I have a screen print that says thanks for placing your order, here's a tax invoice and we'll send an email when shipped. This has an order/invoice number and a description of the item.

It is this detail that has apparently gone missing in the system.

NTT

Thank you, much appreciated.

NTT

I didn't get an email, I did get one for another order I placed a bit earlier that night, hence my original call to Telstra as I thought there might be a problem.

Kalak

Yeah I'd submit a complaint then.

It's not like it was a pricing error you're trying to take advantage of.

It was a generally available offer at the time, you completed the order, they took the money.

I think it's entirely reasonable to expect them to stump up the goods!

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
NTT

Excellent suggestion, lodged a complaint and received a call the next day. They understood both their system limitations and my dilemma and posted a credit to my Telstra Account for $300 so I can buy the Sim at the current price.

Thank you for your help.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more