Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra, please fix your confusing pre-paid website

Answered

I'm trying to remotely help my 88yo F-I-L recharge his Telstra pre-paid plan, should be easy! Go to https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates#RCG and select the 60GB / $150 / 6-month expiry option RECHARGE button. Takes me to https://recharge.telstra.com.au/enternumber to enter his mobile number, which I do, hit NEXT, get asked if I have a voucher, select No, select the Next button, takes me to https://recharge.telstra.com.au/chooseamount . Nowhere on that page is the 60GB / $150 / 6-month expiry option, in fact what is on that final page has no relation to the page from earlier. It's hard enough trying to manage things remotely at this time, trying to give some comfort to distant relatives, without having to deal with such confusing websites. Please Telstra, fix your pre-paid website, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra, please fix your confusing pre-paid website

You're welcome....glad you got it sortedSmiley Happy

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hi @macca_au,

To recharge your Father-in-law's Pre-Paid service remotely you need to enter his mobile phone number using the below link....then choose 1 of the Recharge amounts that you see.

https://recharge.telstra.com.au/enternumber

Your Father-in-law is obviously not on a Pre-Paid plan that is compatible with the 60GB/$150//6 month's expiry (as not all Pre-Paid plans are compatible)...this is why you can't see that option once you have entered his mobile number.

He would need to change to the Pre-Paid Complete plan to be able to have that Recharge amount option.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted

Thanks smiley3

How does my F-I-L change his pre-paid plan, he has no internet, and doesn't use data on his mobile service, could he do that in a Telstra store?

Cheers.

Highlighted

Hi macca_au,

Usually I'd suggest he rings 1258880 or 132200 and say "Pre-Paid", to speak to a Telstra Employee...but due to Covid-19 it's very hard to get through at the moment to speak to anyone.

He could try a Telstra store and hopefully get a nice employee who's willing to help an aged customer....and actually knows how to change his plan.

I'm not sure if they can change the plan using their computer system....but they could use the #100# method on his mobile phone (if they know how to do it that waySmiley Wink)...the #100# method doesn't need to use Data.

The Pre-Paid plan has to be changed first, then a recharge has to be put on to get the benefits of the new plan.

Highlighted

Thanks again, his daughter and I have navigated the Telstra website, and have successfully changed his pre-paid plan, and recharged it as you have advised.

Thanks again, daughter is ecstatic Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

You're welcome....glad you got it sortedSmiley Happy

View solution in original post

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more