EmeLou
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Telstra Pre-Paid Max™ FAQs

What are the key benefits of Telstra Pre-Paid Max?

As of 26 February 2019, Telstra Pre-Paid Max gives you more choice and value-packed recharges with data, calls and texts included in Australia. Now with six recharge options, you can choose an expiry that suits you, from 7 days up to 12 months.

Check out what’s included with each recharge amount on our Pre-Paid Plans page.

Recharge $10 and get 2GB
Recharge $30 and get 27GB (10GB + 17GB Data Bank bonus)
Recharge $40 and get 35GB (20GB + 15GB Data Bank bonus)
Recharge $50 and get 45GB (28GB + 17GB Data Bank bonus)
Recharge $150 and get 60GB
Recharge $300 and get 150GB

$30, $40 and $50 recharges include Data Bank bonus on the first five recharges. For new Telstra Pre-Paid Max customers only. First recharge by 13 May, remaining recharges by 31 October 2019. Bonus data added to your Data Bank, which is capped at 200GB. Active recharge required to access Data Bank.

What extras are included on Telstra Pre-Paid Max?

Make the most of these amazing extras included in every recharge:

Free Telstra Air® Wi-Fi data

Enjoy free Wi-Fi data at over 1 million Telstra Air hotspots across Australia, and millions of Fon hotspots overseas. Download the app to get started 

Data-free music streaming with Apple Music

Listen to over 50 million songs, totally ad and data-free.

Find out more about Apple Music. Subscription charges and T&Cs apply. 

Live sport, data-free

Stream AFL, AFLW, NRL and Netball all year round. Plus, stream Hyundai A-League 2018/19 games on the My Football Live App. All live, fast and data-free when you maintain a $30+ recharge. 

Excludes NRL Grand Final and State of Origin series.  

What is Data Bank?

With Pre-Paid Max, you can save up to 200GB of unused data when you recharge $10+ before expiry. Keep it for as long as you like, to use whenever you choose. All you need is a current or ‘active’ recharge to access your Data Bank. Your Data Bank is capped at 200GB, meaning any data over this limit will not be saved.

How do I access my Data Bank?

Once the data included in your current recharge is used up, you’ll automatically start using your Data Bank data. You can use as much of your Data Bank data as you like, right up until your current recharge expires.

What happens to my Data Bank if I don’t recharge before expiry?

Nothing. Data Bank is yours to keep for as long as you like, to use whenever you choose. You just need an active recharge to access your Data Bank. 

Your Data Bank will only expire if you switch to an incompatible plan or your Pre-Paid service is de-activated.

What is Extra Credit?
Extra Credit is an included credit that can be used for international calls and texts, roaming and premium SMS. Extra Credit excludes calls, texts and MMS to Australian numbers, diversions, MessageBank® retrieval, and internet browsing within Australia and Google Play Content purchases. 

See how much Extra Credit you get with a recharge on our Pre-Paid Plans page.

How do I switch to Pre-Paid Max?

You can change your plan in the Telstra 24x7® app. If you don’t have the app, you can download it here.

1. Open the Telstra 24x7 app on your device
  2. Select the Pre-Paid service you want to view or change
  3. Scroll down and select the Pre-Paid Plan option
  4. Select Telstra Pre-Paid Max
  5. Select Change to this plan

We’ll send you a text to confirm when your plan has been switched. Simply recharge to start enjoying all the benefits of Telstra Pre-Paid Max.

Find information for more ways to change your plan.

I’m already on Pre-Paid Max, how do I get the new inclusions?

Easy. Just recharge the amount that suits you best.

Check out what’s included with each recharge amount on our Pre-Paid Plans page.

I’m an existing Telstra Pre-Paid customer on a different plan, will I get the benefits of Telstra Pre-Paid Max™?
No, you’ll need to change from your current plan to the Telstra Pre-Paid Max plan. Before changing to Pre-Paid Max, please compare it to your current plan, including expiry periods and rollover rules, as these may differ.

If you change your plan, you may lose unused inclusions from your current plan. It’s best to use up your calls, texts and data before switching plans. If you are changing from Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™, Telstra Pre-Paid Plus or Freedom Plus™ you will keep your current inclusions until they expire.

We’ll send you a text to confirm when your plan has been changed. To start enjoying the benefits of Telstra Pre-Paid Max, simply make your first recharge.

If I switch to Telstra Pre-Paid Max™, can I switch back to my old plan? 
You can only switch between our current plans, Telstra Pre-Paid Long Life Plus or Telstra Pre-Paid Max. All other plans are no longer available for new customers. You cannot switch back to an old offer once you have moved to Pre-Paid Max or Long Life Plus.

You can view information about previous or expired plans on our Old Plans page.  

Can I purchase a Plus Pack on Telstra Pre-Paid Max?
Yes. If you’re running low on data, you can purchase extra data which is saved directly into your Data Bank. View Pre-Paid Max Plus Packs.

How do I roam overseas with Telstra Pre-Paid Max™?
You can use the Extra Credit included in your recharge for international calls and texts, roaming and premium SMS. If you need more data, you can also purchase one of our International Roaming Browse Plus Packs. The cost of using your service overseas is higher than in Australia.

Find more information about international roaming on Telstra Pre-Paid Max™

Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Music is a trademark of Apple Inc. Google, Google Play and others are trade marks of Google Inc. [The Air logo and] ® are registered trade marks and [the Data Bank logo and] ™ are trade marks of Telstra Corporation Limited, ABN 33 051 775 556.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Pixie11
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Telstra Pre-Paid Max™ FAQs

I saw the max $40deal (additional 15GB data for the first 5 mths) so decided to port my number from Dodo to take up the offer.
When i was in the process of activation, somehow i managed to click the wrong offer!!!! So ive d/l telstra 24/7 and found the "change plan" section but now cant find the special deal i wanted with the extra 15gb!!!!!
Now my number has been successfully ported to telstra. Can i still get this same prop deal back???
Please help!
EmeLou
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Telstra Pre-Paid Max™ FAQs

Hi @Pixie11,

you can reach out to our Live Chat team at www.telstra.com.au/chatnow/landing for assistance on this matter or call us on 1800 443 576. Available 8am-9pm AEDST. If you need any other assistance please post on this thread.

Thank you.
Emma.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more