JP377
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband plan - Telstra update

Answered

Once Telstra updated my plan to their new system I have no recognition of my data usage. I have identified what I believe to be the fault but find it difficult to get the help desk to help.

The problem as I see it is quite simple, I have two account ID’s one that has no association with my iPad Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband plan on my iPad.

Prior to the upgrade I could use My Telstra App and check and follow my iPad usage, after the upgrade I just get a message “Something went wrong - We’re having trouble showing your data usage for this service. Please try again in a few minutes”

After I checked my iPad account details I noticed the ID number is not the the one associated with the IPad but my other account (currently with no Mobile broadband plan). I believe the new software just selected the first account number associated with my name and details and finds no data to report.

My question is there a way I can change the account numbers myself?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
EthanG
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband plan - Telstra update

Hey @JP377, happy to follow up. Could you please send me a private message with that escalation reference number?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

JP377
Accepted Solution

It just I could not see it, but thanks to a Telstra employee called Patrick, the problem is solved, the problem was many years ago I received a new iPad complete with a pre-paid broadband data package, which it turns out was not in my name, now that it is all is revealed. Out of over six Telstra support staff it was Patrick that looked outside the box and came up with this possibility.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Dowser
Level 20: Director

Sign into the Telstra homepage. Click on Services via the menu bar at top right of the screen.

If your service is not showing, scroll down to & click on “Can’t see one of your services?. Get help”. You can then enter the account number.

JP377

Tried that, all I get under Services is “Your Services - Nothing to see here - you don’t have any services to display”

Dowser

I suggest that you contact Telstra Support.

JP377

Tried that weeks ago, lots of suggestions 6 different messenger contacts but no actual help, last contact was on the 22 April giving me an escalation number advising I would be contacted within 3 - 5 days. Still waiting........

EthanG
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey @JP377, happy to follow up. Could you please send me a private message with that escalation reference number?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

JP377

Hi EthanG, I was contacted by Telstra today, they thing they have the problem sorted , have to wait 24 hours then try again, will let you know how it goes

EthanG
Support Team
Support Team

Cheers for the update @JP377, if you have any issues please let us know!

golferae2

I have similar problem since forced plan change for mobile broadband. Also data usage that I can see does not match data before the switch to the new mobile broadband plan. Current usage  that I can see seems extremely high. Anyone else having problems? 

JoJoH
Support Team
Support Team

Is it a prepaid plan? have you lost data or just not able to see it?

JP377
Accepted Solution

It just I could not see it, but thanks to a Telstra employee called Patrick, the problem is solved, the problem was many years ago I received a new iPad complete with a pre-paid broadband data package, which it turns out was not in my name, now that it is all is revealed. Out of over six Telstra support staff it was Patrick that looked outside the box and came up with this possibility.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more