SKC21
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra prepaid freedom plus

Answered

I'm looking at updating my phone plan from the Telstra prepaid freedom plus. I currently have a LOT of recharge credit to use up. My current understanding is I can only use it on calls not data. What options can I use it on? If I use it for calls what's the best way to get data? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra prepaid freedom plus

Hi SKC21,

If you change to the Pre-Paid Complete plan your accumulated Recharge Credit will transfer over....you won't lose it.

Once on the Pre-Paid Complete plan you'll be able to use the accumulated Recharge Credit on overseas calls and text, possibly Premium sms's and you'll be able to buy Data Top-Up packs.

The below link shows you what Data Top-Up packs you can buy on the Complete plan. 

$5 gives you 1GB, $20 gives you 4GB.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/plus-packs

The link below has instructions on how to convert your accumulated Recharge Credit to Data.

Once you've converted the money to Data the Data will be put directly into your Data Bank as long as you haven't reached the 200GB limit. 

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/mobiles-devices/extra-data

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Smiley3
Accepted Solution

Hi SKC21,

If you change to the Pre-Paid Complete plan your accumulated Recharge Credit will transfer over....you won't lose it.

Once on the Pre-Paid Complete plan you'll be able to use the accumulated Recharge Credit on overseas calls and text, possibly Premium sms's and you'll be able to buy Data Top-Up packs.

The below link shows you what Data Top-Up packs you can buy on the Complete plan. 

$5 gives you 1GB, $20 gives you 4GB.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/plus-packs

The link below has instructions on how to convert your accumulated Recharge Credit to Data.

Once you've converted the money to Data the Data will be put directly into your Data Bank as long as you haven't reached the 200GB limit. 

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/mobiles-devices/extra-data

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

SKC21
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks so much this was very helpful.

Smiley3

Hi SKC21, 

You're welcome Smiley Happy

I was also on the Pre-Paid Freedom Plus plan and change to the Max plan....I haven't changed to the Complete plan yet as I can get more Data per recharge on the Max planSmiley Wink

My Dad and sister are still on the Freedom Plus plan....but my Dad will be changing soon to the Complete plan because Telstra has stopped the Creditme2u feature now.

I'll also point out to you that when you recharge on the Complete plan you won't see the $ value for the recharge added to your accumulated Recharge Credit.

Telstra stopped this for all of the Pre-Paid plans they brought out after the Freedom Plus plan (with the exception of the Long Life Plus plan).

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more