Kaspar70
Level 2: Rookie

Trouble having my pre-paid SIM activated

Answered

Hey all!

I ordered a pre-paid SIM online (20 dollars but get 30$ sim). I got it delivered two days ago to my house. I open the package, insert the SIM into my phone and go through the activation process. But I get no notification it going through. So I wait for about 10 hours and think I did something wrong. So I go through the process again it says the activation is in progress and may take up to 4 hours and I will get notification once it activated. I forget about it and try to use the service the next time but the voice message says the number is not available for me, I try to use the mobile data and get no connection. I try to go through the activation again but this time it says the SIM is either expired or already activated. I then try to call the number provided on Telstra help page (125 8888) but get the same voice saying its not available. I then use my girlfriends phone to call one of the Telstra shops and ask if they can help me with activation. They say no and give me a number (133 200) to call to. But no one answered, maybe because I called at 17:10 and everyone had gone home. 

So who do I contact to finally get some help with the activation. This has been unbelievable amount of hassle just to get myself a phone number.

All help is greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Trouble having my pre-paid SIM activated

Hi Kaspar70,

The phone number the Telstra shop should have given you is 132200.

Ring that number and say "Pre-Paid" as the reason for your call.

The Pre-Paid team's business hours are 8am-9pm AEDT.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Smiley3
Accepted Solution

Hi Kaspar70,

The phone number the Telstra shop should have given you is 132200.

Ring that number and say "Pre-Paid" as the reason for your call.

The Pre-Paid team's business hours are 8am-9pm AEDT.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Kaspar70

Great!

I may have misheard the number from the shop but will give this one a try tomorrow.

Thanks a lot!

Kaspar70

An update.

So I called the number. Talked to a lady who asked basically the same information as I had to submit for the activation. She said its all done and activation is in progress and would take 4 hours the most. It was about 9 hours ago. And my pre-paid SIM is still not active. 

Gonna give another call tomorrow and if I don´t get it sorted just switch providers.

ChrisK1
Level 3: Gumshoe

I have this exact same problem Plus really p***ed off that the first thing I see is that the $30 SIM I just bought is now (a couple of days later) on special for $20! Can't get anywhere and can't get hold of anyone in person to sort this out.

The reason I bought this SIM is because I have a serious medical condition and awaiting lung transplant so I need to be contactable and this is to be a backup in case Optus (my main mobile provider) has an outage.

Incidentally, the reason I switched to Optus on my other phones is because I was fed up with Telstra's very poor customer service and the Optus deal saved me loads.

ChrisK1
Level 3: Gumshoe

BTW, as a follow-up and illustrative of Telstra's BS - my last post shows me as Level 2: Rookie but I just received two emails within seconds.The first said I earned a Gold badge on Crowdsupport; the second one said I earned a Silver!!! Duh.

Also, I know these are tough times but I've now been on hold for over an hour. There doesn't appear to be any way to flag that this issue needs to be resolved as a medical priority.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more