Kingfisher29
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to add new prepaid in MyAccount

How do you add a new prepaid to MyAccount? The layout of MyAccount has been updated this week and 'Add an Account' no longer appears in the Profile section.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Unable to add new prepaid in MyAccount

You are correct. It is no longer able to be done by the customer. You will need to contact customer support (either via the My Telstra app, or Livechat)to get them to associate it with your Telstra ID.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Hi Kingfisher29,

I noticed 2 day's ago that my My Telstra Account layout has changed also.

I've noticed that "Add an Account" and also the "PUK Code" are no longer appearing in the new look My Telstra Account for Pre-Paid customer's. 

I have notified a Crowdsupport Community Manager regarding these 2 things missing.

They have passed the information on to the relevant team, so hopefully they'll be able to add them back soon.

Maybe if you send a message via the My Telstra App on your mobile phone (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a consultant".

You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message.

It could take hours for the initial reply....you'll get a notification on your mobile phone when they reply.

Maybe they might be able to add it at their end on your Account for you. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Kingfisher29

Thank you. I tried that and was on Livechat for 6 hours yesterday trying to resolve it. The only answer I got is 'I think it's in the profile section' so they obviously haven't told their staff on the changes.

SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented

Both the My Telstra app and the My Account page both show the PUK for each service (all mine are Post Paid) and the Add a new Prepaid service option is at the bottom of the services page of the app but not in My Account..  curious much! 

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Jupiter

Which version of the app are you using? I'm on Android app version 58.0.48 and there is no ability to add a service on mine.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Jupiter

PUK code should still be there, they've just moved it down to the "More with your service" section at the bottom of the page.

SteveW_52

@Jupiter  I am on the same version, on a Pixel 5. It is strange that something like the My Telstra app would appear differently on different devices. I have definitely go it there (looking at it now) but unlikely I will ever use it.

There seems to be a few changes happening to both My Telstra app and My Account without any thing being communicated. Smiley Frustrated

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Smiley3

Hi @Jupiter,

My Telstra App is the same version as you have.

I can see the PUK Code in the App, but there isn't anywhere to Add a Pre-Paid Account.

It's just missing in the new look My Telstra Account.

One would presume the PUK Code would now be showing under Auto Recharge.

I only have Pre-Paid services on my Account with Telstra. 

Obviously it looks different for a customer who only has Pre-Paid services. 

I have given screenshot's of everything I see in my Telstra My Account now to the Community Manager....they didn't realise that it would look different...and I presume the team that has altered the look didn't realise this eitherSmiley Sad

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
SteveW_52

This is mine (all Post Paid Services) but I can Add a New Prepaid

I can't see this option in My Account though..

Stevo 52
Smiley3

Hi @Kingfisher29,

Were you able to get your new Pre-Paid service added to your Account?

I noticed today when I logged into the My Telstra Account that the Add an Account is back on there (although in different wording).

Incase you want to use this still:

When you log into the My Telstra Account it will bring up the Home Page, press/click on the 3 lines top right of the screen.

-Press/click on "Services" in the list.

-Scroll down the page, you should now see a rectangle with the writing "Can't see one of your services? Get help", press on that.

You'll then see this page where you can enter your Pre-Paid mobile number for the service you want to add.

Caroline12
Level 5: Eagle Eye

For anyone else reading this, it didn't work on my app, so had to uninstall it and use my account in browser, worked fine, after having previously been told to forward a change of ownership form !!!!

PPf

Same here.  I asked a consultant for help with this 6 hours ago and they just told me they're 'still working on it' and will 'keep me posted'.  They also asked for a 'billing number', which I don't have.  I don't think they know what they're doing.   

rgrtht
Level 2: Rookie

Although not at all a surprise to me these days, about December last year (2020), I used that *exact* button (“Add a new Pre-Paid service”) in an attempt to, get this: add a new pre-paid service to my account.

It didn’t show up sitting cozily alongside my other four or five accounts, and it never did. Nor did the next pre-paid account I bought from Telstra with money. I like to think they’re both strolling hand-in-hand through some beautiful, Telstra ID-free paradise somewhere...

But I’m seriously - how can I get them back via eSIM (so that I don’t have to interact with... y’know) without interacting with... y’know... because reasons?

I drop my phone on my face when texting lying down.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more