LesT64AU
Level 2: Rookie

Update Telstra Pre-Paid Long Life plan and Plus Packs

Hi,

As a long term Telstra Pre-Paid Long Life customer I'd like to suggest that you consider updating this Pre-Paid plan and it's Plus Packs as the Plus Packs have not been updated in over a decade.

It would appear that the Telstra Pre-Paid Long Life plan is the only plan that Telstra still offers which caters to the needs of low use/low spend mobile customers such as myself, so I'm sure their would be quite a number of Telstra mobile customers who would like to see this Pre-Paid plan and it's Plus Packs updated to reflect the ongoing needs and expectations of low use/low spend mobile customers.

These days even low use/low spend mobile customers need to use mobile data almost daily so I'd like to suggest you drop the pay-as-you-go data rate to something like 5c per MB and offer a Browse Plus Packs with a 12 month expiry.

I believe Telstra could revise it's Plus Packs to something like the following which would reflect the ongoing needs and expectations of low use/low spend mobile customers whilst still allowing Telstra to charge low use/low spend mobile customers a premium compared to Telstra's other Post-Paid and Pre-Paid mobile plans.

Text Plus Pack

$5 - 35 SMS, 30 Day expiry
$10 - 100 SMS, 30 Day expiry
$20 - 400 SMS, 30 Day expiry
$50 - Unlimited, 30 Day expiry

Pics Plus Pack

$5 - 15 MMS, 30 Day expiry
$10 - 50 MMS, 30 Day expiry
$20 - 200 MMS, 30 Day expiry
$50 - 1000 MMS, 30 Day expiry

Browse Plus Pack

$5 - 200 MB, 30 Day expiry
$10 - 500 MB, 30 Day expiry
$20 - 2 GB, 30 Day expiry
$50 - 10 GB, 30 Day expiry
$60 - 12 GB, 12 Month expiry
$90 - 30 GB, 12 Month expiry

Talk Plus Pack

$5 - 35 Min, 30 Day expiry
$10 - 100 Min, 30 Day expiry
$20 - 400 Min, 30 Day expiry
$50 - Unlimited, 30 Day expiry

I would hope that the Telstra team which looks after Telstra Pre-Paid plans gives the above suggestion due consideration.

Thanks in advance.
Les

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Update Telstra Pre-Paid Long Life plan and Plus Packs

Hi Les,

Telstra won't be updating the Plus Pack's for the Pre-Paid Long Life plan. 

The Pre-Paid Long Life plan is not available to new customer's or existing customer's to change to. Telstra have replaced that plan with the Pre-Paid Long Life Plus. The Data is charged at 7 cents per mb (instead of $2 per mb like the original Long Life plan).

Customer's can't purchase Plus Pack's on the Long Life Plus plan.

Telstra are in the process of moving Pre-Paid customer's that are on old Pre-Paid plans to their 2 equivalent current plans...Pre-Paid Complete and Long Life Plus.

The below link has information on the Pre-Paid Complete and Pre-Paid Long Life Plus.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates#pp-llp

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Your suggestion for the $50 plus packs for calls/SMS/MMS are a bit redundant when you can get a $30 PrePaid Complete plan with 28 expiry which includes Unlimited Calls/SMS/MMS. You would actually be spending far more if you used the plus packs regularly that you suggested in this case. 

Have you looked at the PrePaid Plans that Belong (belong.com.au) offer? They have unlimited calls & SMS and your data is shaped once you reach the monthly allowance (plus you can bank any unused portion).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
LesT64AU

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but it was referring to the current Telstra Pre-Paid Long Life Plus plan.

The Plus Packs that are available to users on the current Telstra Pre-Paid Long Life Plus are the same as what was available to users on the older discontinued Long Life plan as well as the discontinued Beyond Talk, Simplicity or Cap Encore plans.

To the best of my knowledge the Plus Packs haven't changed since they were first introduced over a decade ago.

Les

LesT64AU

Hi,
I did realise that but was trying to provide a suggestions which keep the existing Plus Pack price points as most users on the Long Life Plan only use the Plus Packs intermittently.

My main focus was on the Browse Plus packs as even low use/low spend users such as myself need tend to use around 200-500MB of data per month and sometimes more when travelling away from the home/office where we use Wi-Fi.

This is even more relevant now that Telstra has removed access to Telstra Air from their Pre-Paid mobile plans.

I am across the plans offered by Telstra MVO's such as Belong, but I prefer to use Telstra as they offer better coverage than their MVO's in rural and remote areas which is why I've maintained my Telstra service for years.
Les

ProfessorPhone

It is of note that Belong and all other Telstra resellers  (customers) use the standard Telstra network 4G LTE with normal 4G speeds, whereas Telstra direct customers have access to 4GX speeds, which are very much higher, if preferred.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Sue261065

Yes it is great that they are upgrading but I can't use my phone until this happens and this has been going on since Nov 2020

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more