LTX_John
Level 2: Rookie

White Pages listing - Mobile Pre-paid

Presently I have a post paid Telstra mobile plan. The mobile number is listed in the Residential White Pages. I DO NOT have a home phone. I want move to a Telstra Pre-paid plan. My local Telstra Shop and 132200 have advised that if I do that my White Pages listing will be removed. Is this correct? Is there any way to list a mobile number that is on a Pre-Paid plan? I DO WANT to keep my number listed.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Re: White Pages listing - Mobile Pre-paid

Hi LTX_John,

My Dad was on Telstra Post Paid and changed to Telstra Pre-Paid (keeping the same mobile number) at least 4 years ago. He did have a Home Phone but got rid of that when he went to Pre-Paid. 

After changing to Pre-Paid his mobile number is still showing in the Residential White Pages to this day...I just checked the White Pages.

You could give the White Pages a call on 1800 810 211 and ask them. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
LTX_John
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks Smiley3,

I've telephoned White Pages (Sensis) on 1800810211 but they could not help. They advised that all listings for the Residential White Pages are as a result of information fwd by the carriers and if a carrier will not make a request to list there's nothing that they can do. I've contacted another 4 carriers this afternoon and they are all willing to port my number to a pre-paid plan and list it!! Possibly the Telstra Shop and 132200 are very wrong??? I'd really rather go to a Telstra Pre-Paid plan and not change carriers so I've just submitted a complaint via the Telstra online complaints form and requested a reply. Thanks again for sharing your Dad's experience. Maybe I should just ignore the advice so far given from Telstra, change the plan over to pre-paid, and see if my White Pages listing disappears?? If it does I could always just port to another carrier that will list it again!

Smiley3

Hi LTX_John,

If you're prepared to port to another carrier then I'd just change from Post Paid to Pre-Paid with Telstra, and hopefully your number will still be listed in the Residential White Pages like my Dad's is.

If it doesn't show, then change to another carrier as they're quite happy to list it.

If you don't use much Data on your mobile phone you're better off being on Pre-Paid and saving $$ per month, compared to being on one of Telstra's latest Post Paid plans. With the Pre-Paid Mobile plan the $150/ 6 months recharge or the $300/ 12 months recharge both equate to $25 per month. I'm on Pre-Paid and recharge $150/ 6 months.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more