Timcs
Level 1: Cadet

Withheld numbers

Hi all

I am not receiving calls from the UK that are withheld are these being blocked and if so how do I get these unblocked?

Thanks 

Tim

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Withheld numbers

What does the caller experience when they call your number?.

Do they have the same experience when calling a different Australian number (for test purposes)?.

Timcs

@Dowser Thank you for your reply, sadly they have not said (it is a UK government organisation) and I am receiving withheld numbers from Australia.

My phone is not set to block withheld numbers I have already checked this.

My package is prepaid 

Dowser

What do you mean by “I am receiving withheld numbers from Australia”?.

Are you referring to private numbers?.

Lastly, what model phone do you have?.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

It could be as simple as their (the UK Government Organisation's) system does not allow them to make international calls (typically only certain groups of people in organisations have access to international calling capability).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Timcs

@Dowser  Yes I am referring to private numbers my phone is a Samsung Galaxy note 9 - I can receive private numbers from Australia

@Jupiter My wife and i have spoken to the government and HSBC and they can make international calls and we have also made them aware we are in Australia - we advised to try 0061 and +61 and dropping the zero at the start of the area code.

Jupiter

Yes, it would be 00614xxxxxxxx for a mobile from the UK.

There is no reason why I can think of that a Private number from the UK should be blocked unless the system is deeming it to be a Spam call (which nothing can be done about).

All you could ask Telstra is to ensure that Incoming International Calls are not blocked on your service.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Timcs, 

Perhaps we can help. Flick us a PM and we will check out the service to make sure there is nothing blocking this from your account/plan.

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

There are a few levels of call barring.

Telstra customer service can tell you if there is any barring activated.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more