Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How to hard reset galazy S2 4G

This morning I turn on wireless after I fully charged my Samsung Galaxy S2 4G GT-I9210T mobile phone.

I knew there was a upgrade as I upgraded my table last week. From memory current OS is 4.0.4

I agree to the upgrade it goes all the way to the end & then says 'Upgrade Failed' you need to reboot.

I reboot & I get the messages

Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped

- but, the Ok button never gets focus !!!

I wait for 2-3 minutes then I get another message over the top of the above message box

- The google play services has stopped

I wait another few minutes & the Ok button gets focus, I click the Ok button & I'm back to the 1st message box

I can now click the Ok button.

The phone is so slow it is unusable, after 2-3 hours I go to the Gawler Telstra store, no one can help me, but, they can sell me a new phone.

I come home I again search internet, I finally call tesltra support at 4:40p,, they tell me to factory reset.

- Hold down power button & up vol. & home button for factory reset screen 

- This results in RAM DUMP SCREEN

Telstra then tell me to call Samsung 1 300 362 603

- Samsung tell me Telstra instructions have wrecked the phone & I need to send it to Sydney.

- When I say it still turns on just very slow & tell them messages, they say send to Sydney

- They refuse to provide key sequence to factory reset Smiley Sad

So not a great first day of my holidays !!!

Yes I know its very old but it worked fine for me as an AP & to answer calls !!!

Anyone know how to factory reset Samsung Galaxy SII G4 ???

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: How to hard reset galazy S2 4G

Hello,

They will need to do more than just reset it. They will most probably totally reinstall the original factory software and firmware. QSL are their current repairer.

Manufacturers never ever give out codes, having worked for two over the years.(Not Samsung)

I have a policy of not upgrading anything unless I have a distinct problem, as I have seen so many phones unnecessarily "bricked"

When you get it back, please, Man Madplease, leave it alone !!!!

I imagine that Samsung will be sending you a post pack etc, but as you would be out of warranty, you may have to do it yourself?

Best wishes

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted

Guys

This has been a very interesting experience !!!

I have been in IT for going on 40 years, I started out as a programmer Assembler on DEC VAXs then Cobol, Fortran ... & recently was technical lead in a team that managed the largest windows network in the southern hemisphere so mainly infrastructure for the past 15 years.

So I'm not your average Samsung LUSER Smiley Sad

After moving back to SA from ACT I now manage approx. 400 ipads across 3 x SA schools so know a bit about Apple gear. 

Lesson Learnt - you are on your own when is comes to samsung phones that are out of warranty, very different to Apple.

If anyone wants to know how to reset a Samsung Galazy SII 4G send me an email I would be happy to help Smiley Happy

BTW - I just order a new HTC, but not from Telstra

Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Hi, @ngsa,

1. Power off the phone.
  2. Hold the Volume Down button.
  3. Briefly press and release the Power button.
  4. A menu will then appears that let you allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock.
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button.
  6. Quickly Press and release the Power button.
  7. Select Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO.

If the above procedure doesn't work. try the following method:

1. Power off the phone.
  2. Simultaneously press the Volume UP, Home and Power buttons.
  3. If the Samsung Symbol appears, release the Power button.
  4. A Boot Menu will then show, Use the Volume UP/DOWN to scroll and the Home button to select.

If all this fails, you will need to perform a firmware flash whereby you re-install the factory ROM using your PC and a flashing program such as ODIN.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
Highlighted

G'Day Tezz
I really appreciate your very prompt reply & effort, see my feedback to your suggestions below

@Tezz wrote:

Hi, @ngsa,

1. Power off the phone.
  2. Hold the Volume Down button.
  3. Briefly press and release the Power button.
  4. A menu will then appears that let you allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock.
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button.
  6. Quickly Press and release the Power button.
  7. Select Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO.

[NGSA]  This gives me the 'Custom ROM install' screen & is what I was told to do by the 1st Telstra person, who told me over & over that the phones are nothing to do with Telstra even if I purchased it from Telstra.

If the above procedure doesn't work. try the following method:

1. Power off the phone.
  2. Simultaneously press the Volume UP, Home and Power buttons.
  3. If the Samsung Symbol appears, release the Power button.
  4. A Boot Menu will then show, Use the Volume UP/DOWN to scroll and the Home button to select.

[NGSA] This has a RESET in white option below RAMDUMP MODE in red, but I cannot select RESET, the volume key does nothing !!!

[NGSA] This is what the 2nd Telstra person told me to do & gives me the RAM DUMP screen & is what Samsung told me had wrecked 'bricked' my phone.

If all this fails, you will need to perform a firmware flash whereby you re-install the factory ROM using your PC and a flashing program such as ODIN.

[NGSA] Actually you dont, I found a way around having to do any of the above & still factory reset the phone Smiley Happy

[NGSA] Having now spoken to 3 x Telstra staff & 1 x Telstra Store person what really surprises me is that they are all very quick to tell me Telstra does not support the phones only the Network, Billing etc.

[NGSA] So then you are best to import your own phone, I can buy a 4G Dual Sim phone for $250 & save a heap of dollars to pay a local tech. 'if' you need any support in the future Smiley Happy

[NGSA] I have 3 x phone with Telstra & been a very loyal customer for 20+ years, but, I will need to get new sim cards for the new phones I have ordered, so I will be shopping around

Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Hi, Ngsa,

Thank you for the feedback.

@ngsa wrote:

"Actually you dont, I found a way around having to do any of the above & still factory reset the phoneSmiley Happy 

Having now spoken to 3 x Telstra staff & 1 x Telstra Store person what really surprises me is that they are all very quick to tell me Telstra does not support the phones only the Network, Billing etc.

So then you are best to import your own phone, I can buy a 4G Dual Sim phone for $250 & save a heap of dollars to pay a local tech. 'if' you need any support in the futureSmiley Happy

I have 3 x phone with Telstra & been a very loyal customer for 20+ years, but, I will need to get new sim cards for the new phones I have ordered, so I will be shopping around"

[Tezz] Magnificent. 🌠

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
Highlighted

Hi ngsa, 

I am running in to same issue, could you please email me your solution if you have it handy? 

**Removed for Privacy***

Thanks 

Cheers 

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Zakas,

I have removed your email address for privacy reasons. Please do not post personal information (including email addresses) into this public forum.

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit