Morlo
Level 2: Rookie

messagebank callerID on Mobile

Hi All,
I am sure this is not a samsung feature. But one day I woke up in the morning and all of a sudden my messagebank changed.

Previously, if a call was unanswered, it would be transferred to messagebank and on my mobile under messages there would be a message under "voicemail" saying that I had a missed call and whether or not the call left a message. 

Now what happens is if a call is unanswered, it would be transferred to messagebank as before and this time under messages i would get a message under the CallerID of the missed call saying that I got a missed call and whether or not a message was left. 

So, lets say during an hour I get 5 missed calls and they all go to messagebank, under messages on my phone, I am seeing 5 different messages all with different CallerID's mixed with other SMS messages. It is a complete mess and I don't like it.

I want it back to how it was previously where all missed calls notifications that go to messages regarding messagebank all appear under 1x calledID like "Voicemail" like it was previously. 

How can I change it back to how it was?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: messagebank callerID on Mobile

You can't change it back to how it was. The messages come in under the caller's id rather than a generic Voicemail number.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Morlo
Level 2: Rookie

why cant it be changed to how it was previously? Other providers are not like this. 

Jupiter

Because the old system no longer exists....

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dowser
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

@Jupiter wrote:

Because the old system no longer exists....

Have you heard any news on when Telstra will enable Visual Voicemail for Android?.

Jupiter

No. I assumed that Visual Voicemail for Android was pretty much dead in the water once they started implementing RCS.

I don't think any carrier in Australia is implementing Visual Voicemail for Android, only for iOS.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit