Dom2907
Level 2: Rookie

My Telstra app for Samsung S4

Answered

I have a Samsung S4 and I had the Telstra 24x7 app installed. I uninstalled it to re-install it as it was displaying add-ons in Italian? I tried to install My Telstra as 24x7 no longer available, but it tells me my device is not compatible. How do I get My Telstra for my Samsung S4 (I like my phone). Thanks Dom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: My Telstra app for Samsung S4

The SIM can be swapped over in-store for the correct size.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Hi Dom2907,

What Android Version is your Samsung S4 using?

I think it might be 5.0.1

The Android Version needs to be 5.1 or later for the My Telstra App to work on an Android device.

You should be able to find the Android Version by going into Settings> About phone> Software information. 

You'll see a number under Android Version.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Dom2907

Hi Smiley3,

Thanks for your advice, my device currently shows as Android version 5.0.1. I ran a software update and it came back saying I already have the latest updates? So it appears maybe the phone is outdated? The model number for my phone is GT-19505.

Smiley3

Hi Dom2907,

Unfortunately your Samsung S4 isn't compatible with the My Telstra App because the Android Version is lower than 5.1.

The S4 was first made in 2013 and technology has come a long way since then.

Looks like you'll need to purchase a new mobile phone if you need the My Telstra App to work.

I'm currently using a Samsung Note 9 that I was lucky enough to be given to review for Telstra due to being in the Brains Trust group Smiley Wink

I have previously purchased (and still have) a Samsung S2 and S6, and have an S8 that Telstra gave me to review.

All my relatives own Samsung mobile phones.

My Mum needs to update her Samsung J1 (it's playing up now) and I've suggested to her to purchase the Samsung A20 (Telstra branded).

It's good value for money but it takes a different size SIM to what she's currently using.

I've told her to hold off purchasing the A20 because there is a major delay in getting Telstra SIM's activated due to COVID-19....and she can't be without a mobile phone (as she doesn't have a landline).

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Dom2907

Hi Smiley3,

Just as I thought. I realised the day would come when I would need to update and have actually been looking the at the A20 (I trust my current Sim will be ok?). I mainly use my mobile for calls, texting, Messenger and the odd photo, with a little internet use (just browsing). I download very little, mainly updates. So, as you can see I'm not a super user of mobile phones.

Thanks for your knowledgeable advice, it is very much appreciated. Meantime I had done what I needed done (COVID-19 extra data allowance) thanks to my son-in-law. Cheers! Smiley Happy

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

The SIM can be swapped over in-store for the correct size.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Dom2907

Thanks Jupiter!

Smiley3

Hi @Jupiter,

Would you know if there is a problem getting SIM's swapped (as the original SIM would need to be deactivated and the replacement SIM Activated) like the problem getting a new Pre-Paid SIM Activated at the moment?

I've been hesitant to getting my Mum's SIM replaced incase it won't work for a few week's.

Jupiter

A couple of the posters who indicated that they were having problems with getting SIMs activated, finally got activated last week (after a few week's wait). So I'm hoping the issues have been resolved.

The number of posts about Prepaid SIM activations has seemed to drop off over the past week or so, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

Smiley3

Yes, I've noticed those posts too and see that 1 customer finally got their's activated after week's of waiting.

I think I'll wait another few week's to let Telstra catch up with the backlog Smiley Wink

Wendy685
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks i have tried this.

Wendy685
Level 1: Cadet

@Wendy685 wrote:

Thanks i have tried this. mysubwaycard

Now what to do?

Jupiter

Can you clarify what you've tried? The original post was about getting the My Telstra app running on a phone that couldn't run it and then getting a replacement SIM for the new phone they got.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit