Mudgus
Level 1: Cadet

New phone different size SIM

I have just bought a new phone (outright) that requires a different sized SIM to my old phone. As I live in a rural area with no Telstra shop, do I have to wait for Telstra to send me a new SIM or can I buy a prepaid Telstra SIM at the post office, and if this is possible (easiest and fastest solution), how do I get that new SIM associated with my account? I am on a post paid plan.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: New phone different size SIM

Unfortunately you can't get a prepaid SIM purchased from a post office programed with your account details. You will either have to visit a Telstra shop or order a replacement SIM online. Some ecteronic shops have tools that can cut the outer edges of the SIM and convert the SIM to the required size but you probably want be able to find these tools in a rural area.

Dowser
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Regarding the actual ordering, there are two methods available to you.

(1) If you're a post-paid customer using the My Telstra app:

1. From the home screen, tap Services at the bottom of the screen
  2. This will take you to the Mobile summary screen, scroll down to the More with your service section then tap Request a replacement SIM

Source

(2) you can also get a SIM Replacement sent out via the mail by calling 132200 and say “SIM Replacement” and our team will send you a replacement sim card by mail. We’ll also give you the option to suspend your service until the new SIM is received – just in case someone tries to use it.

Source

Veezy
Support Team
Support Team

How did you go Mudgus, any luck?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Veezy
Support Team
Support Team

All good on your end Mudgus? Just checking in if you need some help still.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit