spamvictim99
Level 2: Rookie

Note 20 Firmware Update

where is the Android 11 Update for Samsung Note 20? Telstra is now officially the last on the planet!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Note 20 Firmware Update

When manufacturers send out updates, Telstra in particular, with more customers than anyone, carefully tests every aspect of the update.

If they find any anomalies, they go back to whoever the phone manufacturer is and have them make changes to suit their network.  The manufacturer then has to prepare the revised software and submit it to Telstra for re-testing.

I know the procedure intimately from  manufacturer/s and network/s perspectives, and Telstra cannot afford to have avoidable problems.

This simply takes time to do properly.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
spamvictim99
Level 2: Rookie

Fair enough. Is there any reason why Telstra cannot provide any communication around this?

Why don't Apples devices have this issue?

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Have you seen the disastrous firmware updates that Apple have provided over the last couple of years?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Lately, Telstra has become a bit on avoidable problem in itself..  hopefully things will improve a lot, and quickly, with people getting back into the office..  just hope Codi isn't on the door!

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit