A87maleaus
Level 2: Rookie

Online order estimated delivery date

Answered

I ordered a s20 online on the 2/6. There's no updates whether it's been received by startrack. Would be nice to know if I'm being billed from the estimated delivery date on the email. 

?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cowboysfan269
Accepted Solution

Re: Online order estimated delivery date

Yeah i placed one online on the 15th last month and still waiting! If I woulda knowen it

would take this long I’d have gone into a store!!!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

The wait is about 3 weeks at the moment.

You should only start getting charged for it a day or two prior to delivery (charging starts when dispatched). The first you will know about the delivery is the notification that your new plan has started. Manual processing means that the notifications aren't getting generated until dispatch occurs.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Gooli
Level 1: Cadet

I am getting close to 5 weeks now.

Cowboysfan269
Accepted Solution

Yeah i placed one online on the 15th last month and still waiting! If I woulda knowen it

would take this long I’d have gone into a store!!!

View solution in original post

Jupiter

If the store didn't have stock, then you would have been waiting about the same amount of time for them to get it in as well.

If they've gone into Backorder, then the wait will be longer as there are delays getting stock into the country as well.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
A87maleaus

I went into store originally to upgrade to the pixel 4. And the girl in the store told me they had no stock. So she suggested the s20 because of there's plenty of stock. I had to order online because of my driver's licence is in bad condition to be accepted as a proof of id. And my new licence is 2 to 4 weeks away from VicRoads. 

?
tjgolf

I've just read all the replies and now I wish I had popped over here before I ordered online the other day. These replies on the delays are rather annoying (the delays that is). Telstra really should have a notice saying that there are delays on despatching as well the usual delays with the couriers. Thank you everyone.

A87maleaus

So I rang Telstra to find out what the status on my order. Got told by the guy on the phone it's on back order. Six hours later i get a email with an ETA for the next business day. I really wish the dispatch and the call centre would communicate with each other. I almost went into store to cancel my order.  

?
A87maleaus

Go into store and cancel the order. And order in store

?
MM113

I did the same. Purchased online, no communication. when you try to chase it up carefully devised systems to ensure you can never get through to Telstra, I've wasted unbelievable amounts of time trying to find the phone I have been charged for. Nothing. I work so I cannot afford to spend weeks chasing smoke and mirrors so I went and bought a phone from JB HI Fi and then had to cut the SIM with a pair of scissors to get it to fit. Works now. But still no contact from Telsra and still no way of contacting them to nail down the problems. My advice is go buy a phone and ask for a refund. We'll probably end up paying for it anyway. The whole thing is insidious.

Jupiter

You should never need to cut a SIM to get it to fit. SIMs are supplied in all sizes from standard down to nano in a single pop-out form factor (you just pop out the size you need).

If you had an ancient SIM that wasn't like this, all you needed to do was to ask for the correct size and it could have been swapped over in about 5 minutes in store.

Tr23vis

has your order turn up yet??

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit