Eric_BKC
Level 2: Rookie

Problem of DLNA music streaming/casting over WIFI

Answered

So I have Telstra Smart modem gen2. I used to use my mobile phone to play music over the wifi to router as DLNA through Yamaha network receiver. From router to the receiver they are connected by wired. Previously working fine and today I tried to play music and DLNA/casting does not work over the wifi. I checked with my desktop which is set up DLNA to the receiver using wired set up to router, and works fine for DLNA casting for music play.

From my phone, not only one app does not work for DLNA but also all of the music app I tried, even the Samsun Music app does not work for DLNA/casting/mirroring too.

Phone is Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

any advice?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Problem of DLNA music streaming/casting over WIFI

I don't know of any reason why casting using WiFi should not work with that particular modem and firmware.

Have you tried deleting and then reconnecting the Yamaha network receiver to the app on the phone?

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
cf4

There are two versions of the Gen 2 modem one made by Arcadyan (LH1000) and the other made by Technicolor (DJA0231). What model and firmware version is your modem. This information is displayed on login page. (http://192.168.0.1).

Eric_BKC

here some info about model and firmware number   Modem Information

Firmware Number
18.1.c.0462-950-RB
Modem Make Model
Technicolor DJA0231
cf4
Accepted Solution

I don't know of any reason why casting using WiFi should not work with that particular modem and firmware.

Have you tried deleting and then reconnecting the Yamaha network receiver to the app on the phone?

View solution in original post

Eric_BKC

Thanks for hints. I just factory reset both my modem and my phone and all works fine now!

mykfcexperience
Level 1: Cadet

A PC can use the WiFi Direct hotspot for Cast and DLNA without the need of a Home network mykfcexperience.

Eric_BKC

Just follow up, the reason why it didnt cast was the my private music server admin did not allow to cast it. After I let him know and he fix some bugs on streaming app, all works fine. 

Jaso1n
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for addressing this topic. I was looking for the information regarding the same. Keep sharing the info MyAARPMedicare, kudos.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit