• No, I still need help
Galaxy_note
Level 1: Cadet

Re: RCS messaging on S20 ultra

Worked for me as well thx m8

Ziogref
Level 2: Rookie

So Google rolled out an update taking RCS out of Telstra's hand and controlling it themselves. (Good thing)

You can read about it here
https://ausdroid.net/2020/10/21/google-is-rolling-out-rcs-for-messages-australia-wide-regardless-of-...

You may need to use the Google messages app, I'm not sure as I use it anyway.

Note_User

Thx 

Galaxy_note

Thx

ntz88

Hey man, had the same issue.   Check out this link. I followed the steps and its working for me again.

https://youtu.be/HNmUxDkDshk

CARSIT

Appear to be working now.

I just opened my Samsung messages app on my S20 plus purchased from Officeworks last Christmas and was notified within the app that RCS is NOW available. 

Sent a test text to a colleague who has an s10 via RCS and it worked, blue bubble and everything.

Side note, I did use a function that I found either through here or online that leads to a YouTube video on how to activate RCS on non-telstra purchased s20 models, using Google Messages. That method didn't work but now it is. Meaning I'm not sure if it's working because of said method or because telstra has now activated it for later models

Hope this helps

glennstolz

Has Telstra  provided a fix for the Samsung issue not having RCS messaging on the Telstra network

Jezza24

Telstra only provide their own RCS server for Samsung messages. There are rumours that Samsung will incorporate Google Jibe into the messages app at some stage. The other option is to download Google's messaging app however, for it to work others will need the Google app as well. Google's and Telstra's RCS servers operate separately

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit