ScottBar
Level 2: Rookie

Samsung Galaxy Watch redemption EOFY 2021

Hello all.  

Looking for some guidance or people who are experiencing the same issue. With the EOFY sale just run I took up a Samsung S21+ online with a view to claiming the Bonus Galaxy Watch3.  

Have received the phone with no issues and in rapid time however there was no paperwork with the phone and no information has been supplied via email from Telstra.

To complete the redemption from Samsung I need to provide Proof of Purchase or a tax invoice which I did not receive. 

1. Have tried my local store but as it was an online order they cannot help
  2. Have tried online chat to be told there is nothing they can do other than a proof of warranty which Samsung has rejected 
  3. Have launched a complaint and after receiving something I could knock up in a Photocopier also being rejected by Samsung (dont blame them)

Am out of ideas and after some research this seems to be a common thread. 

All I need is a reprint of the tax invoice, or a proof of purchase (not a proof of warranty) and would love somebody here to point me in the right direction or find a contact at Telstra to help with what I'm sure is a two minute thing. 

Have been a loyal Telstra customer for multiple mobiles,  home internet and so on for 15 years but am serious thinking its time to look elsewhere........

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
32 REPLIES 32
ScottBar

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch redemption EOFY 2021

Here is what Samsung has clarified.  

----------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Samsung Promotions Team. 

Your Proof of Purchase Document may be one of the following: 

1. Tax Invoice showing a valid purchase date
  2. Screenshot of your purchase email confirmation
  3. Welcome letter 
  4. Contact showing a valid purchase date

It must display the following 3 criteria: 

- Valid Purchase Date

- Product Purchased 

- Participating Retailer

Yours sincerely,

Paul | Promotions Team
Samsung Electronics Australia 

1300 362 603

ScottBar

Here is what I received from Samsung. 

-------------

Samsung Promotion Claim Number: xxxxx

Thank you for contacting Samsung Promotions Team. 

Your Proof of Purchase Document may be one of the following: 

1. Tax Invoice showing a valid purchase date
  2. Screenshot of your purchase email confirmation
  3. Welcome letter 
  4. Contact showing a valid purchase date

It must display the following 3 criteria: 

- Valid Purchase Date

- Product Purchased 

- Participating Retailer

Yours sincerely,

Paul | Promotions Team
Samsung Electronics Australia 

1300 362 603

Rohan123
Level 20: Director

Hi @ScottBar 

Think I may be able to help you,

I take it you received at least an online confirmation from Telstra about your purchase?

I had the same problem when trying to redeem galaxy ear buds.

To cut a very long story short, This is what Samsung wanted in the end.

1. Valid Purchase Date (02-03-2021 to 29-03-2021) in your case the dates would differ.

2. Participating Product (S21 Series)

3. Participating Retailer (Telstra and Telstra Partners)

I referred Samsung back to the original email Telstra sent me (which they rejected the first time) and just circled all the information they required was there.

They then accepted, and sent me the ear buds. Same should be the case with you and the watch. See below!

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
ScottBar

Hey Rohan.

Thanks for coming back to me.

Unfortunately no I did not receive a confirmation email or anything from Tesltra.  

Rohan123

Hi again @ScottBar 

Hmm well that's interesting!

How did you purchase the phone? Through Telstra online website?

If you did go through the website, I'm sure you would have to had to sign in to purchase!

Only thought is... check your phone bill for the email address Telstra has associated with your account!

As you should have received a conformation email about your purchase.

Sometimes, you can have multilabel email address that may let you log onto Telstra, However if you make a purchase or any account changes they may be sent back to the email address located on your phone bill.

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
ScottBar

Thanks Rohan.

Correct it was an online order however have checked all log ins and emails associated and no email or proof of purchase. 

Hence the Crowd support thing as a last resort.  

MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks, Scott. Can you look up the IMEI and check it here - https://tel.st/fnw43b - please?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Gottaluvit
Level 4: Private Eye

Good luck with getting it, even after redemption approval from Samsung a month ago and status showing as "Shipped" the watch never arrived and I'm not the only one that never received it. Samsung form shows others having the same issue. I'd be interested to know if anyone have actually received their watch at all.

Jules78
Level 1: Cadet

Has anyone received their watches when they got their galaxy s20 series phone? I've uploaded all my receipts etc it was all approved and tonight when I've gone to log in there is nothing there..no redemption info..nothing..dont know if site is down or what but I'm seriously concerned...

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Jules87. 

Once you redeem the offer to get your Watch, you will receive a confirmation reference email advising if your claim was  successful – or if you need to provide more information.

If successful you’ll receive a tracking number from Australia Post once your item has been scheduled for delivery.

You will need to allow at least 30 days for delivery from the date you received your claim confirmation email.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Jules78

It said it was successful and says shipped but have had no additional information nor any tracking information. When I went to check for a tracking number tonight there is nothing there and when manually entered redemption code nothing comes up. 

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

How long ago was it shipped? It may not have tracking until it is lodged with AusPost. It can time for AusPost to register the tracking details. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Jules78

9th July I think it said..not sure..cant go back and look because there's nothing showing up at all now. Not even in history is there anything.

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Sure, so the redemption code is not going to show any history once its redeemed. 

If you do not get any updates or received the item within 30 business days from the 9th July, let us know and we can lodge a support ticket to investigate. 

horhor

Mine says shipped 29 June 2021. Still haven't received it.

AntoO
Support Team
Support Team

Hi horhor.

Any chance I can get you to flick us a private message on FB/Messenger or a DM on twitter? We can authenticate you on those platforms and look into the order reference for this and try find out what's happening for you.

- Anto

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Gottaluvit
Level 4: Private Eye

I was approved for the redemption 24th June. It showed as "shipped" on the 29th. I enquired 10days ago with Samsung asking for tracking details and received the following reply.  I have received nothing since  watch still shows as shipped and no tracking provided yet.

Mitch1010101

In the same boat. Shipped on the 29th and nothing since. Tried to email for any info last week and got nothing in return

Shux

I have this same problem. Watch says Shipped since the 29th June but no tracking details, no confirmation email nothing. 

JaymanZ1

Same ...  Have not received my galaxy watch redemption gift.

Approved 1 / 7 ..... Shipped 8 / 7 

SHIPPED !.... If you have a $600 watch  in the post - am rather concerned 14 days later. Checking post .... logging in .... expecting to see delivered/LOST ! (Over it)

No communication from Samsung.

Emailed them... redirected ... got on to support.... was told I will get tracking info when it is ACTUALLY SHIPPED ! 

POOR COMMUNICATION SAMSUNG.

WHEN ARE YOU SENDING IT ????

horhor

I'm happy to wait until August first as it seems many others are having the same problem.

saadifromsydney

I have also been on the same boat, says shipped on 29th June but no update after that and no tracking number. It's a bit annoying to don't know what's happening with your redemption gift.

EsmeRay

Me too,

Shipped 29 June 2021, still nothing! 

Has anyone received their watch yet?

atchi
Level 3: Gumshoe

I'm in the same boat. Showing as "Shipped" on 29 June, but no update or tracking number since then.

I did just notice the following on the Samsung Terms and Conditions document (at this URL: https://images.samsung.com/is/content/samsung/assets/au/offer/tnc/Telstra-Samsung-Galaxy-S21-Promoti... )

"Eligible claimants should allow at least sixty (60) days for delivery of the Gift from the date they receive notification from Samsung that they have submitted an Eligible Claim. Samsung will use reasonable endeavours to deliver the Gift within 60 days from the date notification is received, but it may be subject to delay in some circumstances."

So I suppose that gives them two months from the approval date, which for me is 14 June. So that's mid-August before that deadline expires.

ACroker
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Scott, this sounds most inconvenient. You've certainly tried to do the right thing here and I'm concerned that apparently no extra information was provided. Normally you would have received a confirmation of your purchase via email when purchasing online. Do you have any record at all of this purchase apart from perhaps a bank statement? No order number or anything like that? And all the "promotions" and "spam" email folders have been checked (not that they usually land there but just in case it's good to check)?

- Ash

ACroker
Support Team
Support Team

I just wanted to check in with you both here to see if these issues have been resolved for you. If they haven't or if you need help with anything at all please do get in touch with our team and we will be happy to assist.

- Ash

Mitch1010101

Issues still going. Yet to recieve a watch. Process started 12/06. Shipped 29/06. And still nothing. 

horhor

My watch has just turned up 5 minutes ago! Sent via Startrack. 

EsmeRay

Oh wow. Thanks for letting me know! There maybe hope yet!

saadifromsydney

I received my watch couple of days ago. My status was shipped since 29/06 and then suddenly it turned up on 2nd of August

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Mitch1010101, with the promotion being run by Samsung the best way to follow up on the delivery progress with their teams that were running the campaign, either on 1300 362 603 (Option 9 at the menu) or via the email address promos.au@Samsung.com

atchi
Level 3: Gumshoe

Looks like I got an email this afternoon with the tracking information. The watch was shipped yesterday and is apparently waiting for me to collect it at the post office. So it sounds like all is well - but I'll check in if there are any issues.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit