power89
Level 2: Rookie

Samsung S21 Ultra Memory

I pre ordered a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. The highest memory offered was 256GB. I thought we were getting the 512GB variety?  I checked Optus and they offer 512GB. Why hasn't Telstra offered this version?

Cheesed off after ordering to find this out. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Samsung S21 Ultra Memory

You will need to ask Telstra. Probably a commercial decision.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Jupaker
Level 1: Cadet

This is also what's stopping me from upgrading. 256gb is just too small. Bit sad optus is selling the 512gb version.

MitchNet

I agree this is absolutely terrible.

If you are someone purchasing the ULTRA model, you are usually doing this because you are going for the premium camera amongst other capabilities.  As such storage is generally a key requirement.  Without the additional memory (microSD) card, 256GB is not sufficient, particularly when coming from a 512GB variant.  I have asked Telstra and they have not provided a decent answer.  I also asked Samsung and they believe Telstra will eventually add the 512GB variant to their stock.

Very disappointing to see they offer a 'premium' network but won't offer a premium flagship phone and then to see their key rival offer it.  I am have to say, I am pretty much done with Telstra.  Just one disappointment after another.  And don't get me started on my 2 bars of intermittent 4G service in my 5G area!

MitchNet

So is Vodafone and Woolworths....   seriously... 

How is Telstra our largest carrier?

power89
Level 2: Rookie

Adding the 512 to the range after release is stupid for early adopters of the S21. Telstra should carry the 512 from the outset. Telstra should contact those who have bought the 256 and see if they want to upgrade. Hardly a flagship model if not all models are available. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit