-Palebushman
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra not acknowledging purchase or payment of new phone.

Answered

Purchased the Galaxy A21s 32GB Black outright phone, and unfortunately I did not have a working printer available to print out the proof of purchase. My credit card account shows only the payment reference number as 132200. Lets not go there, save to say that ATAM's are the worst tool for any business dealings.

Why does Telstra not send an email confirming the transaction and advise of the order number and shipping like most other professional online retailers do? 

Haven't been in here for a while so had to re-register, bit like life, 'it' gets tedious too.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra not acknowledging purchase or payment of new phone.

You should try to find a Telstra corporately owned store, attempt to see the store manager,  and have them indicate the return on your specific service and don't leave the store without a properly signed print out from your service. The corporately owned stores will have Telstra on any cash register receipt, but the licensed stores will have their private company name on it.  Do not leave it with a licensed store, as their stock is very different to that of a corporate store, and head office will take responsibility more so for their own stores.

It would be morally and legally wrong to keep it, but anyway, you will eventually be charged.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
-Palebushman

As there has been no replies to my post I thought it best to reply to myself and just provide the latest info so far to those that may be interested. I finally managed to make contact with an overseas Telstra Customer Service Consultant, who advised me of a Telstra "Glitch" with my Telstra Online Shop purchase. The consultant duly arranged for my payment to be reimbursed back into my bank account, which appeared without problems 2 days later. During that time I went to a local Telstra dealer shop and purchased another similar phone and the shop assistant even transferred all my stored data from the old phone over to the new one, fitted a hardened glass screen protector and an awesome phone cover. The moral of this story is: I should never purchase anything from the Telstra Online Store again.

But here's the puzzle: What do I do with the Telstra Online Shop phone that has finally rocked up and is still 'sealed' in it's Samsung box. Should I take it to the Telstra dealer I bought my new phone from or should I just wait for Telstra to contact me, because trying to speak to a human at 13 22 00 is an absolute shambles!

Haven't been in here for a while so had to re-register, bit like life, 'it' gets tedious too.
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

You should try to find a Telstra corporately owned store, attempt to see the store manager,  and have them indicate the return on your specific service and don't leave the store without a properly signed print out from your service. The corporately owned stores will have Telstra on any cash register receipt, but the licensed stores will have their private company name on it.  Do not leave it with a licensed store, as their stock is very different to that of a corporate store, and head office will take responsibility more so for their own stores.

It would be morally and legally wrong to keep it, but anyway, you will eventually be charged.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

-Palebushman

Thank you for your very helpful reply and yes, I totally agree wholeheartedly with your "It would be morally and legally wrong to keep it" which is why I have been trying to find the best 'SECURE' way to ensure it's return to Telstra.

Much as I loath going into any Telstra Store, I shall do so on Monday, and if I am unable to deal with the Manager personally, I will try another Telstra Store elsewhere until I do get to deal with only the store Manager.

BTW, I have tried several times to email The Customer Service Consultant-at-team-telstra dot com to try and resolve this matter, but she does not reply. Lets not get into the perplexities of 13 22 00.

touché   "Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!" Like you, I too am chronologically gifted.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit