Minnow
Level 4: Private Eye

Telstra Support- does anyone know what 1800 882 389 is for?

I received a email about up coming changes to my Telstra prepaid wireless broadband and I had some questions in relation to that. The only way I could try and get a consultant to answer the question was through the My Telstra App which was useless. When a consultant did contact me back through My Telstra they kept me online all day before providing me a answer that they would have known in the first 5 minutes that basicall told me nothing. A few days later I got a email from Telstra asking me to complete a survey about my interaction with Telstra, which I completed and submitted and after submitting it provided the phone number 1800 882 389 for any other questions.

I have phoned that number which appears to be Telstra support but there is always at least 20 to 30 minutes wait time to speak to someone so a automated response gives the option of a callback which I have taken up 3 times. The problem is that you wait ages for a call back, a automated response asks you to press 1 if ready, you press 1 and the automated response says let us get the consultant ready for you, you hear about 3 rings then silence- I have asked is there anyone there but no response- and after what seems to be a extended period the call hangs up. It just appears like the consultants know it is a call back enquiry so decide they are not going to take it and hang up. I have tried everything to try and talk to someone at Telstra for the last couple of months to no avail, the closest was the useless online interaction on My Telstra, seriously- is there any way to talk to a person in this mega corporation called Telstra??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit