Shane123456789
Level 1: Cadet

Unlock code

Is anyone in Australia able to help me?  I requested a code to unlock a new mobile I bought.  I was told 7-10 days, sure.  It is now 7-10 days.  I call and no one can find anything because I am not a telstra customer.  The operator can take the details and either send a request to the concern team (2-3 days) or place another request (7-10 days).  I should not have to wait again, but I cannot get a reciept number as I am not a current customer.  Now, I requested to speak to a supervisor in australia.  Nope, cannot do.  I would to speak to a supervisor here, this is why I am not a telstra customer or a shareholder!  If someone can point me in the direction to either get to speak to an australian supervisor?  This is absolutely rediculous and to make it worse, I am being told that my email address is not current!  According to who?  I use it all the time.  SOMEONE FROM TELSTRA IN AU, please get in touch with me!  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Unlock code

Unfortunately you will need to call 132200 and speak to a consultant. Nobody at Crowdsupport has access to the Telstra systems to follow up on your problem.

The consultant who placed your request should have been able to give you a reference number for it for future reference.

If the phone was purchased outright (doesn't apply to PrePaid phones), then the phone shouldn't be network locked in the first place and you should go back to the store that you purchased it and complain. 

You can lodge a complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

If you weren't going to be using the phone on a Telstra service, why did you buy the phone from Telstra?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit