Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Video Calling

Answered

Does anybody know whether Video Calling should be available on my S7 edge? I used to use it all the time on my S6, but now the option has disappeared. A quick google search says that it should be available unless Telstra has disabled it, but I gave up after waiting an hour online with 24/7 chat to find out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Video Calling

I have a feeling I was reading somewhere, that the Australian models of the S7 didn't have the facility available, and yes I know some S6 models did..

Certain overseas models do, so just do this check:

Go into your contacts listing. If  you  tap on a contact and open it up and see if you  have the phone icon a video camera icon and a messaging icon all beside each other. Also when you're  just looking at the keypad to manually dial a number see if you have 4 options at the bottom. Voicemail, The Call button, a video camera button, and then the "hide keypad" button.

If that isn't present, then I'm afraid, no not available. Rather like the dissapearing capability with this new model to not be able to use it as a remote for your Tv also.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

I have a feeling I was reading somewhere, that the Australian models of the S7 didn't have the facility available, and yes I know some S6 models did..

Certain overseas models do, so just do this check:

Go into your contacts listing. If  you  tap on a contact and open it up and see if you  have the phone icon a video camera icon and a messaging icon all beside each other. Also when you're  just looking at the keypad to manually dial a number see if you have 4 options at the bottom. Voicemail, The Call button, a video camera button, and then the "hide keypad" button.

If that isn't present, then I'm afraid, no not available. Rather like the dissapearing capability with this new model to not be able to use it as a remote for your Tv also.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

yeah it's gone Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Absolute joke that this has been removed from the phone.

The telstra website advertises it. The support pages show it is available. The telstra supllied s7 in built manual says it can do it but according to Samsung it was TELSTRA that had it removed.

I need it not only for

I spent hours on the phone with SAMSUNG and they inially said they knew nothing about it and that all S7 phones (like every previous galaxy model) could do video calls. But eventually I was put onto a higher level employee that disclosed that Telstra had the feature removed.

I contacted telstra ands spent hours on the phone. The initially said it was a Samsung issue, but after I told them that samsung told me that the s7 is capable unless the service provider removes the feature, they put me onto a special GALAXY S7 complaints team. They admitted that it was telstra but they don't know why.

Still waiting for a reply.

THAT WAS 4 WEEKS AGO....

That is blatant false advertising and I would never have upgraded from my S5 if I had known.

If I don't get a satisfactory answer soon, I'll be cancelling my contract.

Highlighted

Hi CKJ , .... any progress ?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit